The Chat Room

Nicholas

We were out when one of our amazon deliveries arrived.

Was left on our doorstep.
69d1b1349e286c1b80af98299132b0f7.jpg
Isn't that just begging to be swiped?

Sinbad

Happens in the US, so why wouldn’t it happen in the UK? Not say it's endemic but it must happen from time to time. Depending where you live of course.
Yeah I'm sure it does happen... just seems pretty safe here.

I am going to get a video doorbell at some point, just got other priorities for spending atm.

Johnatan56

How often do you see homes with high walls topped with spikes, an electric fence, or razor wire?
You will not find it in most of Vienna, as most of it is ~4 story buildings.
For actual houses, can't think of a case either, but admittedly I've not really paid attention.

Amazon parcels get left with a neighbor if not home, post office either returns to post office for pick-up, or if small enough there's an extra box by the mail where you can use the bar code of the letter they drop in your post box to open it and collect your parcel.

In some buildings it gets left at the door, my building not really since always someone at home in it, lots of people.
In village by my grandfather, enough people leave parcels at the door, not an issue.

You need to remember minimum wage is 1500 EUR / R25k pm, there's also social housing etc., so you don't really have "poor" people if you can manage to land a job. Issue is more migrants that are looking for a job, but again, haven't had any issue with crime and I've seen one case of someone getting something stolen out of a handbag in the 8 months I've been here, and I take public transit multiple times a day. Cape Town, while I was in uni, I heard of someone getting mugged at least once a week or so, thanks to train station and district 6.

Last edited:

Nicholas

That's a good idea, goes off to find an old Amazon box and 2 kg's of glitter and Googles for @Sinbad's address.
Asking out of curiousity: is their any explosive substance one could bury in the glitter that would decorate the immediate area with glitter without injuring Sinbad?

Düber

Asking out of curiousity: is their any explosive substance one could bury in the glitter that would decorate the immediate area with glitter without injuring Sinbad?
He is one of the famous guys, has a Youtube channel. He has all kinds of tricks in his "temptation" parcels.