The Chat Room

Jings

I tolerate simple, repetitive tasks for hours on end than some of the people I have worked with, given what I have heard from some of those who have stood in for me.

I don't know whether I am about average or above average at doing this, though.
I think I'm good at telling the truth. Saying that something is a certain way when it is not is difficult for me to do with a straight face. As an RPG character, I'd probably be consistently Lawful.

I think I'm good at ignoring advertising and not spending money unless I must. Not given to splurging.

I'm not sure if these would be considered talents, though.

My youngest brother is diagnosed with ADD and he's able to work on repetitive tasks for hours too. He finds himself in his own world a lot so it must be really good there.

But he's not as lawful, like when he accessed a cellular network and gained free mobile internet. But that's probably because he sees the world through the eyes of a child, even though he fathered four kids.

Nicholas

I find cooking almost trivially easy. I don't know how palatable other people find what I have made, though.
I don't have a refined palate, you see.
I am inclined to treat a recipe as a rough guide or even a suggestion as to how do prepare food.
When I was I child, I used to mix different Kenwood Cascade [Similar to the Soda Stream machine] flavours together.

Jings

How much comes down to innate ability as opposed to acquiring some abilities by way of grinding and being mentally healthy, I wonder?
Jings, do you record what you play?
Too much time spent on garden and crafts to play games. But I do remember using Debut Video and Capture for PC screen recording. Though it costs a pretty penny these days I imagine.

Nicholas

My youngest brother is diagnosed with ADD and he's able to work on repetitive tasks for hours too. He finds himself in his own world a lot so it must be really good there.

But he's not as lawful, like when he accessed a cellular network and gained free mobile internet. But that's probably because he sees the world through the eyes of a child, even though he fathered four kids.
HIs social skills must be at least average, then. To have fathered children, I mean.

Nicholas

Too much time spent on garden and crafts to play games. But I do remember using Debut Video and Capture for PC screen recording. Though it costs a pretty penny these days I imagine.
I am as likely to pull up a weed as any other plant in a garden. If it has flowers that I like, I don't see it as a weed.

Nicholas

When I was a kid, I used to try on my mother's perfumes and paint my nails. I tried using both my parents' razors. I also tried my dad's deodorants and aftershave. Sometimes I would play dress-up and try to persuade my parents to watch my brother and I put on short.....errr...calling them plays would be generous.

Jings

HIs social skills must be at least average, then. To have fathered children, I mean.
Yes, his social skills are actually great until something pisses him off, then it's game over. Impulse kicks in and everything comes undone. To provide an example, he spent time in jail because he took a car not belonging to him.
His reasoning was the employer didn't pay him, and to him the reason was absolutely valid.

Jings

When I was a kid, I used to try on my mother's perfumes and paint my nails. I tried using both my parents' razors. I also tried my dad's deodorants and aftershave. Sometimes I would play dress-up and try to persuade my parents to watch my brother and I put on short.....errr...calling them plays would be generous.
Seems the dress up and shorts happens in many households.

My older brothers once dressed up my little brother in army clothes, complete with pellet gun. He was three years old.

Nicholas

Seems the dress up and shorts happens in many households.

My older brothers once dressed up my little brother in army clothes, complete with pellet gun. He was three years old.
Poor little chap.

I am glad that I was able to avoid conscription. I didn't want to be shot at or to hurt anyone, and I have heard that conscripts were subjected to all sorts of abuse during basic training. As it was, I probably would have been declared medically unfit.

Nicholas

It can't be that easy for someone to gain access to Google servers. ;)
Ah, so you don't have an iPhone. That's what my brother and sister have. She has an iPad, too. I like some of the software available to iThings, especially GarageBand and some of the graphics software.

I cannot comment on privacy and computer security.

Jings

Poor little chap.

I am glad that I was able to avoid conscription. I didn't want to be shot at or to hurt anyone, and I have heard that conscripts were subjected to all sorts of abuse during basic training. As it was, I probably would have been declared medically unfit.

Yep, conscripts didn't have it easy as heard from many.

I also think you would have been declared medically unfit. Army used to be strict about medical conditions iirc.