Sick members

Venomous

What is the difference?
Ventilator is just tubes down throat. Gives air.

Being intubated was like 2 plastic plates in a concertina type system into your chest
You're pretty much in medical coma for the time.

I was in a glass room.
They brought me out quicker than most as i wasn't quite staying under.

But left me intubated for few days, while nose tube feeding me

Venomous

@Venomous, was this Covid?
Still is,

Was in high care, and after they removed plate system i was moved after 2 days to high care icu.
They skipped normal ICU and moved me to general 2 days ago.

Less than half going into high care make it out alive. But the ones like me that got in there in time and made it through - it is life changing.

But timing has got a lot to do with it.

biometrics

Still is,

Was in high care, and after they removed plate system i was moved after 2 days to high care icu.
They skipped normal ICU and moved me to general 2 days ago.

Less than half going into high care make it out alive. But the ones like me that got in there in time and made it through - it is life changing.

But timing has got a lot to do with it.
What were you experiencing when you decided it's time to go to hospital?

Venomous

What were you experiencing when you decided it's time to go to hospital?
Took daughter back to dr for more meds.
Dr told daughter to take a seat and wait.
My oxygen measured 56-58 at the dr.

He gave daughter a script for her and told me to go to hospital ASAP.

Was at hospital less than 1hr later and less than 1 more hour I started "fitting" was on less than 30% oxygen by then.
Drs had to perform a few miracles while I looked at him. I was breaking the restraints. Physician were sitting on me while doing some of the easy stuff.

But I let them do the hard stuff without complaining.

I remember being intubated, i remember the "lifeline surgery in my groin, but didn't want them to add a drip to arm - like go figure... :rolleyes:

I do have a very high level of drug resistance, and never mentioned it when booking in. Not realising it might(will) be required.
Had I known I would have recommend that they get a certain anesthetist on stand by.

But hey it was quite a ride, so hey ho!
And I live! :D

LD50

Took daughter back to dr for more meds.
Dr told daughter to take a seat and wait.
My oxygen measured 56-58 at the dr.

He gave daughter a script for her and told me to go to hospital ASAP.

Was at hospital less than 1hr later and less than 1 more hour I started "fitting" was on less than 30% oxygen by then.
Drs had to perform a few miracles while I looked at him. I was breaking the restraints. Physician were sitting on me while doing some of the easy stuff.

But I let them do the hard stuff without complaining.

I remember being intubated, i remember the "lifeline surgery in my groin, but didn't want them to add a drip to arm - like go figure... :rolleyes:

I do have a very high level of drug resistance, and never mentioned it when booking in. Not realising it might(will) be required.
Had I known I would have recommend that they get a certain anesthetist on stand by.

But hey it was quite a ride, so hey ho!
And I live! :D
holy fuck

LD50

I read earlier you must learn to walk again? The hell is that all about?

Venomous

I read earlier you must learn to walk again? The hell is that all about?
They used experimental drugs, after mr signed.

These drugs weaken all muscles

(no buttering the mielie for you singles)

Drugs gave my lungs a fighting chance. That's the most important thing...

I saw pics of what my lungs looked like on admission and what it looked like hours later.
First not bad, other was "black lung"

Walking and last 3rd of lungs are worked on by physio daily.

20 steps are hard work! And that with walking aids.

emam

Spent last night at home with the kids. What an amazing night. This is going to be a very different world.
Yay!
It is going to be a different world for you now that you're on your own...but just look back on the past few weeks and just remember that you're a fighter and you'll all go on stronger than ever and being grateful for every single day going forward.
Lots of love and strength to you all xx

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Tribs

Yay!
It is going to be a different world for you now that you're on your own...but just look back on the past few weeks and just remember that you're a fighter and you'll all go on stronger than ever and being grateful for every single day going forward.
Lots of love and strength to you all xx

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I have never been on my own. And while being in a house with 3 - sometimes 4 people is not really alone - I am looking forward to being my own person. I am going to have guilt feelings to deal with. One is supposed to be totally broken when your partner dies. I just don't feel that yet. I cannot miss things in my life I know he wasn't capable of providing. And I felt less necessary as time went on.

The future doesn't scare me and fill me with worry. I will be happy being on my own.

Nicholas

I have never been on my own. And while being in a house with 3 - sometimes 4 people is not really alone - I am looking forward to being my own person. I am going to have guilt feelings to deal with. One is supposed to be totally broken when your partner dies. I just don't feel that yet. I cannot miss things in my life I know he wasn't capable of providing. And I felt less necessary as time went on.

The future doesn't scare me and fill me with worry. I will be happy being on my own.
🤗

Johnatan56

Both a blessing and a curse, you wanted to separate but didn't know how, now it's taken out of your hands and you'll feel guilty because you wanted to do that ages ago, but not in that manner.

I do hope it helps you out though, you can start the next phase of what you want in life, can be a scary thought and yet also an interesting thing, going to see who you are now vs in the past, we are constantly changing and maybe you'll new things you'll like.

Tribs

Both a blessing and a curse, you wanted to separate but didn't know how, now it's taken out of your hands and you'll feel guilty because you wanted to do that ages ago, but not in that manner.

I do hope it helps you out though, you can start the next phase of what you want in life, can be a scary thought and yet also an interesting thing, going to see who you are now vs in the past, we are constantly changing and maybe you'll new things you'll like.
This is what interests me. And yes - it is well known I was not happy. This is not how I would have wanted it to end.

I don't expect huge changes - but I can move things out of my bedroom I never use. I can now play the electronic keyboard I bought for him - which he didn't want me to do. The LP player can now come out of its box and I can dust off the vinyls.

I can even go to bed whatever time I like - without a discussion or argument.

Yes I am aware that I lived with these expectations and basically agreed to the life I had. But now I don't have to.

Dogs sat with us on the couches - cats too. It was lovely.