Sick members

Quetzalovercoatl

Hey!
I'm 100% Covid-19 free before leaving hospital! :D

It's the side effects that's fucking with me.

I'll keep doing my breathing and walking exercises.
You will get there. And you will succeed.

Now go and shed some corona on our singularly inept govt ministers and criminals!

Tribs

Well last night and this morning were fun.

Went to the doc yesterday. I wanted a blood clotting test to see if I was clear of clots. Doc called after 11pm last night and told me my results were abnormal and I need to go to hospital. She has arranged for me to go to Midstream. Now you can imagine what my kids are going through. So get there close to 1am and they won't take me as they don't accept my hospital plan. So I had to go to Unitas Casualty. I arrive there and show the doc my test results and he was perplexed. He said I should come back this morning and we will do a doppler scan but no need for a full-body scan which is what the doc wanted. By the time I got home and went to bed, it was 3am. I am dead tired and will be going for this scan soon.

And it is my son's birthday and my poor kids and mum are in a state.

Venomous

Went to the doc yesterday. I wanted a blood clotting test to see if I was clear of clots. Doc called after 11pm last night and told me my results were abnormal and I need to go to hospital. She has arranged for me to go to Midstream. Now you can imagine what my kids are going through. So get there close to 1am and they won't take me as they don't accept my hospital plan. So I had to go to Unitas Casualty. I arrive there and show the doc my test results and he was perplexed. He said I should come back this morning and we will do a doppler scan but no need for a full-body scan which is what the doc wanted. By the time I got home and went to bed, it was 3am. I am dead tired and will be going for this scan soon.

Oh gosh!

Happy birthday to your son! 🤗 🤗 🤗
May your tests and checks reveal favourable results that brings good news and lets you go home, even if it's with some meds.

I was tested and checked for clots, repeatedly, I went home without blood thinners, as dr was happy with the results..
In high care and ICU after that they took blood daily from the "tap" they had placed in my left arm. It was placed into the main artery of the left arm (gave them an arterial blood source) Connect syringe, twist open the tap, draw blood, close it.

Mr and daughter, who recovered at home are on a 3 month course of blood thinners. They were obviously never checked for clots

Last edited:

Venomous

the what now?
I was in hospital...
Nearly didn't make it, but surprised the dr and staff and pulled through.
Was there 3 weeks.

See pic. The tap system after they removed it, was the day they moved me to general ward.
The needle was even stitched down to prevent it from easily being pulled out.

It gave them a source of arterial blood. It hurt like a mother fucker (far more painful that if they insert a drip needle in and piece through your vein)
And that is why they do it with the tap, so you don't have to be stabbed there everyday, while in high care or ICU.

Edit: The tap is the white 4 pointed goody on the right of the pic. They turn it open /closed

_20210825_095340.JPG

Last edited:

Venomous

And if your question was why there. Apparently best place to get blood from to check for clots and something they called blood gas.

The 2 x 2 marks were the stitches. The 5th mark was were the needle went in.
Was right on the wrist.
Other pic I zoomed in on a pic and cropped it. They taped the tap to my upper arm.
I am not posting that whole pic. It was the night they told my family to do last rights(I'm sure you know what I think of that) and say goodbye. Was barely covered by a hospital gown. They didn't even cover me with bedding, but was probably because they had to work on me every few mins.
_20210825_095851.JPG_20210825_094703.JPG

Venomous

Oh and the day they took me for a cat scan of my heart and lungs, they tap itself got pulled off in the effort of getting me back on to the bed from the machine.
They had clamp the pipe and rush me back to the room. Replace the tap. And then change the bedding and my lovely hospital gown as it all had blood on.

This was still when I didn't have the use of my legs back yet so they had to roll me around to get the bottom sheet changed.

Last edited:

Sinbad

Yup, arteries... Just being pedantic, never mind me

A vein carries blood back to the heart, an artery carries it away from the heart

Nicholas

Oh dear. :-( I hope it isn't something serious.

Kornhole

That bitch that gave the drs a rub for their time, money, finished their drugs even.

4 drs sat on me while one is "she's finished my drugs and still not going down..
So they added physically tying me down, while i looked at them with crazy drug elephant eyes.

They eventually managed to induce high care coma.
I even has pipes coming out my groins. And and and.

Long rd to recovery, but alive and well en program :S

Anything from 3-6 weeks before physically ok. Then need to still finish getting lungs on track!
:oops: holy moley shit

Venomous

They admitted me
Agh FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I hope they treat you correctly this fucking time!

Did they give you blood thinners before? In hospital I got it jabbed into stomach. They swapped between 2. Both burned going in. The one still burnt for about 10sec. The other burnt like a mother fucker for nearly 15min.