Sick members

Venomous

Hello - alive and well. There is an aircon in our room that sounds like a generator - I am so tired. If it made a noise on one frequency it would be great - but it keeps changing pitch and rhythm.
I wanted to like your post.
Then I read the last half.
I don't like that.

That would drive anyone bat shit crazy!
I hope they fix it soon!

Where I was they didn't allow the AC to be turned on.
In ICU the first 2 days I got hot, they put a fan near me.
Turned out to be the 1 meds, so they changed it for something else.

Venomous

Oh, did I mention yesterday was 3 weeks that I am home.

And now you say stuff comes to bite you in the ass afterwards!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Tribs

I am waiting for the doctor but I am on a drip with antibiotics and pain meds and saline.

There is a post covid phenomenon where your body or immunity seems to freak out 3 weeks later. Bacteria can be dormant in your system and suddenly something will activate it. They think that is what happened to me.

I went to my doc because my legs got really sore. I asked her to test my blood clotting and she added a test for infection count. Seems those had abnormal results.

They have done a doppler scan of my legs - boy was that painful. But they say no clots - but plenty of infection. And the best way to treat it is through intravenous antibiotics. So here I sit. I looked terrible after all the weight loss from covid as my skin aged a lot - I look a whole lot worse now with this bacterial infection. It is called cellulitis. The weird thing is I don't remember any cuts or sores on my legs - so no idea how the bacteria got in. Do not google - it is not pleasant. And it only kills 0.08% of severe cases. So I am fine.

Tribs

I wanted to like your post.
Then I read the last half.
I don't like that.

That would drive anyone bat shit crazy!
I hope they fix it soon!

Where I was they didn't allow the AC to be turned on.
In ICU the first 2 days I got hot, they put a fan near me.
Turned out to be the 1 meds, so they changed it for something else.
Some guy just came to see where it could be coming from as the aircon is off. The noise is still here

Tribs

Oh, did I mention yesterday was 3 weeks that I am home.

And now you say stuff comes to bite you in the ass afterwards!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Just look after yourself. Mine took a bit longer than 3 weeks. You may be lucky but the nurse told me they have a lot of post covid patients readmitted for the weirdest stuff.

Tribs

Oh gosh!
Hope it's Cleared soon!
🤗
I had a bacterial infection they claimed was not related, at the same time.

I'm now wondering if the virus isn't making it easier for bacteria to infect a person.
I think it may be that.

Venomous

I am waiting for the doctor but I am on a drip with antibiotics and pain meds and saline.

There is a post covid phenomenon where your body or immunity seems to freak out 3 weeks later. Bacteria can be dormant in your system and suddenly something will activate it. They think that is what happened to me.

I went to my doc because my legs got really sore. I asked her to test my blood clotting and she added a test for infection count. Seems those had abnormal results.

They have done a doppler scan of my legs - boy was that painful. But they say no clots - but plenty of infection. And the best way to treat it is through intravenous antibiotics. So here I sit. I looked terrible after all the weight loss from covid as my skin aged a lot - I look a whole lot worse now with this bacterial infection. It is called cellulitis. The weird thing is I don't remember any cuts or sores on my legs - so no idea how the bacteria got in. Do not google - it is not pleasant. And it only kills 0.08% of severe cases. So I am fine.
You really seem to pick uphill battles...

My mother has been battling that same thing for months. Get antibiotics, better, few weeks and she needs meds again.

They've now run some tests and scans. She has to wait for the results.
Was done through NHS (uk).
Meaning they make people wait weeks.
They have medical aid, but medical aid in the uk is apparently different to here. Far more full of shit.

Venomous

Just look after yourself. Mine took a bit longer than 3 weeks. You may be lucky but the nurse told me they have a lot of post covid patients readmitted for the weirdest stuff.
Most of my meds finished over the weekend.
Exemption of cortisone that finished on Tuesday.

Now I'm only having vitamins.
I normally take either superB or neurobion ;
Magnesium;
And few days of vit D3 5000
(dr script)

Tribs

You really seem to pick uphill battles...

My mother has been battling that same thing for months. Get antibiotics, better, few weeks and she needs meds again.

They've now run some tests and scans. She has to wait for the results.
Was done through NHS (uk).
Meaning they make people wait weeks.
They have medical aid, but medical aid in the uk is apparently different to here. Far more full of shit.
Yes my Godmother was on a heart bypass list for years - and died before getting it. Her age and weight put her low on the list

Tribs

Most of my meds finished over the weekend.
Exemption of cortisone that finished on Tuesday.

Now I'm only having vitamins.
I normally take either superB or neurobion ;
Magnesium;
And few days of vit D3 5000
(dr script)
Keep it up - I am useless with anything I need to do regularly. So I forgot to take mine

Venomous

Yes my Godmother was on a heart bypass list for years - and died before getting it. Her age and weight put her low on the list
Yikes!

No waiting lists for you.
Your treating physician better know whathe is doing or we'll take his knutz with the rusty blunt spoon!

Venomous

Keep it up - I am useless with anything I need to do regularly. So I forgot to take mine
I do sometimes skip days.
Decent vitB helps for energy
Magnesium is good for joints.

If I skip 2 or more days I can feel it.

Tribs

Yikes!

No waiting lists for you.
Your treating physician better know whathe is doing or we'll take his knutz with the rusty blunt spoon!
He is that really cute one from last time. I could not remember his name so described him as an energiser bunny and every nurse knew who I was talking about

Venomous

He is that really cute one from last time. I could not remember his name so described him as an energiser bunny and every nurse knew who I was talking about
Someone from the Dr's office called me.
Have scheduled 6 week check up for mid Sept.

Then something made me ask how long the appointment is.

The lady said 30min, is standard for all follow ups.
So I'm a bit WTF
What is he gonna do that requires that much time?!?!?

Tribs

Someone from the Dr's office called me.
Have scheduled 6 week check up for mid Sept.

Then something made me ask how long the appointment is.

The lady said 30min, is standard for all follow ups.
So I'm a bit WTF
What is he gonna do that requires that much time?!?!?
Excellent question that