Sick members

Tribs

@Tribs, any other infections after the funeral from those that attended?
Nope he was the only one infected. And I drove home with him and he was next to me for 6 hours straight. I only got sick when he started wandering around the house without a mask

Tribs

Hardest thing was the next day they put my son on a ventilator - that very nearly killed me. But I did the research and the outcome was good - but you never know for sure. I am just so glad my son might beat me out of here.

biometrics

Hardest thing was the next day they put my son on a ventilator - that very nearly killed me. But I did the research and the outcome was good - but you never know for sure. I am just so glad my son might beat me out of here.
I thought the outcome of being on a ventilator was poor? Where did you read that?

Tribs

I thought the outcome of being on a ventilator was poor? Where did you read that?
I read John Hoskins (spelling) technical reports. I will try and find it. They have discovered that if they ventilate early enough - the patient stands a really good chance of surviving and making a full recovery. If left too late - then the outcome isn't as good

We really should not be scared of technology because of the fear caused. Most cases prior were life or death situations. If done at the right time - life is usually the result.

Age etc plays a role. But my son is overweight and 25 and unfit. And it worked!!!! So you can overcome the odds.

Venomous

Your anger is justified. But it is important to talk as you plan to. Especially with what you went through - you need help getting through those feelings. You are very strong and you have the right to resent him and be angry. My son and I are seeing an excellent Psychologist - and she is really helping both of us. She will see the other two once they are well. We all need to grieve and be angry and sad and heal together. You should really speak to the one at your hospital. Even if just you. But if your daughter is like mine - she will need it too.
She dug out my rescues and has been plowing through them.
Her words - I knew you had them and needed them. So thanks, they have been helping

Tribs

She dug out my rescues and has been plowing through them.
Her words - I knew you had them and needed them. So thanks, they have been helping
You have been through a very traumatic event. Take all the help you need. And be kind to yourself - everything will work - it will just take time to get back to normal.

Nicholas

Yep. He was stable and then two hours later he was gone. Nothing they could do. He had been in a week already.
That sounds similar to what happened to a family member in Port Elizabeth: he had been in hospital for two weeks and seemed to be pulling through, then......gone. Possibly killed by own immune system. His brother, also in his 70s, had it earlier in the year and survived.

Venomous

Yep. He was stable and then two hours later he was gone. Nothing they could do. He had been in a week already.shi
Shit Tribs! Good, bad bitter, sweet, pukey and all that shit!

During my stay in high care i was more awake than the drs would have liked. The curtain was regularly closed infront of "my glass house"

Like 5-6 times a day,
You still have the "kids"
Message when you want.
We can start a new chat 🫂

Last edited:

Tribs

Shit Tribs! Good, bad bitter, sweet, pukey and all that shit!

During my stay in high care i was more awake than the drs would have liked. The curtain was regularly closed infront of "my glass house"

Like 5-6 times a day,
You still have the "kids"
Message when you want.
We can start a new chat 🫂
I do - and they are everything to me. So I am good for now.

Tribs

1627704338368.png
1627704432019.png
Just some of the bruises. The worst thing is - my body looks like it has aged 30 years in two weeks. So looking at swimming in full clothing from now on.

Spizz

Christ on a bike. I really feel for you two and have an incredible urge just to give you both a big hug.