Sick members

Tribs

I was intubated, then later ventilated.
Between all that is why they say i must learn again.
I'm finally allowed to go pee instead of a bed pan, but must take mobile oxygen and then the nurse stands watching me. Before wheelchair walking back.
Some days are bad then they insist on me using a commode chair.

Wheelchair I mean one of those things that serve as a walker /seat thing the old folks fly through shops using
Wow - really glad you made it through all that. I was sick with worry about my son being ventilated. Luckily they are excellent here and he has a sore throat when eating and it still hurts to pee.

I am definitely one of the luckier ones. Blood clots and chest infections were my worst. They moved heaven and hell to get my son to me when they thought I was declining - and it worked like magic. It helped him too when I showed him how many people were hoping for his recovery. I am still so blessed to have him. Still both in the hospital but really hoping to get out soon.

Seldom Bucket

Ate on Tuesday lunchtime last. Some Imodium helped, still struggling to keep anything of any substance down. Been living on a bit of water

Tribs

Ate on Tuesday lunchtime last. Some Imodium helped, still struggling to keep anything of any substance down. Been living on a bit of water
Valoid always helps me - esp with puking. Try that.
And for the stomach - grate some apple and let it go a bit brown (not a lot)

Tribs

But I am also of the belief - if it wants out - let it out. But if it goes on too long - you need to take over

Venomous

Wow - really glad you made it through all that. I was sick with worry about my son being ventilated. Luckily they are excellent here and he has a sore throat when eating and it still hurts to pee.

I am definitely one of the luckier ones. Blood clots and chest infections were my worst. They moved heaven and hell to get my son to me when they thought I was declining - and it worked like magic. It helped him too when I showed him how many people were hoping for his recovery. I am still so blessed to have him. Still both in the hospital but really hoping to get out soon.
I am one of the less than 40% of people that entered a high care room and survived.

Earlier that night my family was called for last rights.

The dr that intubated me while his drugs were finished, other drs sitting on me as I was even breaking free from their restraints all deserve medals.

Dr says it was by far his most unusual case

I was looking at him in the eyes while he was inserting the intubation "platter concertina"

He still did other procedures in my groins.
Placed feeding tube in nose

Then add a catheter, drips out both arms.

Even had a needle stitched into my left arm leading to main arterial in left arm.

Then normal ventilation, but all needles remained.
Now I'm finally down to 1 drip point

Venomous

DSC_1650.JPGfollow long white needle that was in main arm arterial, with a tap system that gave them main arterial blood at the turn of a tap

Tribs

I am one of the less than 40% of people that entered a high care room and survived.

Earlier that night my family was called for last rights.

The dr that intubated me while his drugs were finished, other drs sitting on me as I was even breaking free from their restraints all deserve medals.

Dr says it was by far his most unusual case

I was looking at him in the eyes while he was inserting the intubation "platter concertina"

He still did other procedures in my groins.
Placed feeding tube in nose

Then add a catheter, drips out both arms.

Even had a needle stitched into my left arm leading to main arterial in left arm.

Then normal ventilation, but all needles remained.
Now I'm finally down to 1 drip point
O MG I am so glad that was not my experience. Really glad you are up and fighting again. Would definitely miss you

Venomous

Wow looks like the one my son had. One in the wrist and one in the neck. So glad that is out of you now.
All the red, with exception of the " butterfly" and the actual taps. Rest is my arterial blood that flowed. All that red....

Mr has some pics I'll "edit" another day and post. Would need a PC/mac to do properly

biometrics

All the red, with exception of the " butterfly" and the actual taps. Rest is my arterial blood that flowed. All that red....

Mr has some pics I'll "edit" another day and post. Would need a PC/mac to do properly
How is he doing btw?

Tribs

C

Cannot wait to see them

Venomous

O MG I am so glad that was not my experience. Really glad you are up and fighting again. Would definitely miss you
Had a very hard chat to daughter after I could finally talk again. When I say hard - both difficult to listen to and absorbe.

We lost her aunt to cancer mid her(daughter) grade 8 year.
Her words - I called for you, so hard, I didn't want it to be just me and dad, like Cuz and uncle.

This was all before level /curfew changes. As he can't drive, and uber does not operate out of curfew, they had to walk home in the freezing cold that night. Nearly 5km, of which he carried a skinny 50kg kid most of the way.

Venomous

How is he doing btw?
Initially I didn't care as he brought the covid home, kept telling me to suck it up and deal with it.

When things happened to me the way they did he finally realised that what others speak of could be his reality.

He and I talked about 30secs on the topic before I turned off my phone

Yes, you can love and hate a man in equal parts for events like this.

I told him we should have a decent talk when I am home. As its easier to stay calm face to face

Tribs

Had a very hard chat to daughter after I could finally talk again. When I say hard - both difficult to listen to and absorbe.

We lost her aunt to cancer mid her(daughter) grade 8 year.
Her words - I called for you, so hard, I didn't want it to be just me and dad, like Cuz and uncle.

This was all before level /curfew changes. As he can't drive, and uber does not operate out of curfew, they had to walk home in the freezing cold that night. Nearly 5km, of which he carried a skinny 50kg kid most of the way.
This is enough to break your heart :cry:

Tribs

Initially I didn't care as he brought the covid home, kept telling me to suck it up and deal with it.

When things happened to me the way they did he finally realised that what others speak of could be his reality.

I told him we should have a decent talk when I am home. As its easier to stay calm face to face
Your anger is justified. But it is important to talk as you plan to. Especially with what you went through - you need help getting through those feelings. You are very strong and you have the right to resent him and be angry. My son and I are seeing an excellent Psychologist - and she is really helping both of us. She will see the other two once they are well. We all need to grieve and be angry and sad and heal together. You should really speak to the one at your hospital. Even if just you. But if your daughter is like mine - she will need it too.

biometrics

Should have stayed in different parts of the house, with windows open and masks on. Common sense under these circumstances. But this is not the time for told you so.