Rename network device

Lara

Not sure if you can do that. One thing you mentioned is that you use it through a switch, so you aren't connecting wirelessly through the SSID. Also not sure if you said when this started exactly?

Is that through Wifi or directly?
Cable connection. :)

BloodrayneZA

What we're looking to change is the hostname.
DNS settings?

I would think that’s the default router name, hardwired like the MAC address and you can’t change it.

What @bigAl-sa said sounds about right for firmware - only a firmware update would change that, if they do it right on the next update. I would suggest report that to the manufacturer and hope they release an update to fix it.

Y2K

Not sure if you can do that. One thing you mentioned is that you use it through a switch, so you aren't connecting wirelessly through the SSID. Also not sure if you said when this started exactly?

Is that through Wifi or directly?
What a turd, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Y2K

DNS settings?

I would think that’s the default router name, hardwired like the MAC address and you can’t change it.

What @bigAl-sa said sounds about right for firmware - only a firmware update would change that, if they do it right on the next update. I would suggest report that to the manufacturer and hope they release an update to fix it.
You can change the hostname of the router, Huawei just seems to have removed the option but Tp-Link, Asus, Netgear, Ubiquiti etc all allow you to change the hostname.

Y2K

You have no idea what's being talked about. And I see you're still on the calling names.
Maybe @Lara should change her SSID like you said :ROFLMAO: I'm sorry it's kak funny, either you are a troll or can't rub two braincells together.

Prom

Maybe @Lara should change her SSID like you said :ROFLMAO: I'm sorry it's kak funny, either you are a troll or can't rub two braincells together.
You also didn't come up with any bright ideas. Just Btw the username and SSID are the only two named settings you can readily change on the router. Username is not going to make a difference here and many times you can't even change it from the default 'admin'.

Y2K

You also didn't come up with any bright ideas. Just Btw the username and SSID are the only two named settings you can readily change on the router. Username is not going to make a difference here and many times you can't even change it from the default 'admin'.
hostnaem.png
1611864145833.png

Hmmmm wonder how I managed to change that. I didn't say anything about username.

Y2K

I was quite disappointed after it consumed a gig data and no miracle happened. :D
Do me check if you have SSH installed, open Windows Settings and navigating to Apps > Optional features and verifying that Open SSH Client is shown. If it is not installed, you may be able to do so by clicking Add a feature.

Post here when you've done that.

Dave

Y2K

Wondering that as well since wireless routers generally don't have such settings.

The only real sensible thing you've said.
What wireless routers? These shitty consumer Huawei routers just have a terrible UI, they bury the settings in the worst places.