Rename network device

biometrics

I'm not too keen on playing with firmware. It might do more harm than good. :)
Since you said it happened after an automatic update, the firmware is the cause. You are not going to fix it unless you do this.

Lara

Since you said it happened after an automatic update, the firmware is the cause. You are not going to fix it unless you do this.
I know you are correct but the one that is loaded is the official one on Huawei's website. :(

Prom

Because you're talking about things you do not know. There is no almost when it comes to hardware, it either is or it isn't and if my comments make you cry then don't bother replying.
It's YOU who don't understand. Not everyone sees things the same. The "Device name" as given by the router is not really the device name but rather the model name. The real device name is the SSID you choose. It's the one that's broadcast over the network and used to connect to. The name being shown is neither of these and I don't know where Windows gets it from as in my case it's even completely generic.

Prom

The router is set to receive updates automatically. The name changed after the last update.
Also, I do not want to test it with other firmware. :)
I'm guessing this is more a Windows issue than a router one. There are many reports of Windows 10 injecting Chinese characters into stuff. It may just be a coincidence that it happened after an update as it could also be one of the Windows updates causing the issue.

Lara

I'm guessing this is more a Windows issue than a router one. There are many reports of Windows 10 injecting Chinese characters into stuff. It may just be a coincidence that it happened after an update as it could also be one of the Windows updates causing the issue.
I'll test it with my laptop this afternoon. :)

Lara

You can test it from your phone. Log into your router from a browser on your phone.
I want to change the way it displays when viewing it in /file explorer/network. :)

A browser can't do that or am I missing something?

bigAl-sa

Look under your router for the IP address of the router. Type this into the address bar of your browser and carry on as usual

bigAl-sa

Lara

No, that was just to allow you to look at it from another device. Your router's funny name is on the is in the firmware, and has boggerol to do with the device you are using to look at it, as mentioned by someone earlier in the thread.

I would really look at downloading another version of the firmware, if the name bugs you.
There aren't any firmware listed on Huawei for the B525s-65. :(

Prom

I want to change the way it displays when viewing it in /file explorer/network. :)

A browser can't do that or am I missing something?
Not sure if you can do that. One thing you mentioned is that you use it through a switch, so you aren't connecting wirelessly through the SSID. Also not sure if you said when this started exactly?

Nope, laptop also display it in Chinese. :(

View attachment 10410
Is that through Wifi or directly?