Rename network device

Prom

You're viewing the information only, you won't be able to change it there. There must be an option to change the SSID somewhere. Under mine it's Settings->WLAN->WLAN Basic Settings.

Then again if it was the SSID that's the issue you would have needed to enter the Chinese name or select it from the list of devices. If it doesn't appear as Chinese under your network adapter's devices then that's not the issue.

If all else fails there's always the option to reset the router.

Lara

You're viewing the information only, you won't be able to change it there. There must be an option to change the SSID somewhere. Under mine it's Settings->WLAN->WLAN Basic Settings.

Then again if it was the SSID that's the issue you would have needed to enter the Chinese name or select it from the list of devices. If it doesn't appear as Chinese under your network adapter's devices then that's not the issue.

It is not the SSID I wish to change. It is the router name.

ps. My pc has a cable connection to a switch which connects to the router. :)

Y2K

Resetting the router won't fix that, she said it changed after she did an update.

Quetzalovercoatl

Need a Hard reset tool?

Is there an option on uPnP where you can change the router's name?

Or turn uPnP off and see if the router still shows?

Prom

Resetting the router won't fix that, she said it changed after she did an update.
Technically she said the latest update is installed. We don't know when it changed.

It is not the SSID I wish to change. It is the router name.

ps. My pc has a cable connection to a switch which connects to the router. :)
It's the same thing, almost. The router (device) name is static. The public name which Windows uses to connect is the SSID. The only other thing reported in Windows is the connection name.

1611616230495.png

Last edited:

Y2K

Technically she said the latest update is installed. We don't know when it changed.

It's the same thing, almost. The router (device) name is static. The public name which Windows uses to connect is the SSID. The only other thing reported in Windows is the connection name.

View attachment 10382
It's not the same thing, the name of the router has nothing to do with the Service Set Identifier, please stop misleading people, maybe go answer people on Quora or something.

Lara

The router is set to receive updates automatically. The name changed after the last update.
Also, I do not want to test it with other firmware. :)

Prom

It's not the same thing, the name of the router has nothing to do with the Service Set Identifier, please stop misleading people, maybe go answer people on Quora or something.
Read what I said. Also no need to be nasty.

Prom

I have a Huawei B525 router that reports its name in Chinese.
The latest update is installed.
Is there a workaround to change it to English?

View attachment 10360
Ok I see now where you got it from.

1611665823354.png
As you can see this is different from the SSID. You can take a look at "Wi-Fi Basic Settings" and if the SSID listed there isn't in Chinese then that isn't where the problem is but rather the device name that Windows reports. That is neither the SSID nor the Device Name as listed by the router itself. I'm not sure if you can rename this. Is it a big problem?

Lara

Ok I see now where you got it from.

As you can see this is different from the SSID. You can take a look at "Wi-Fi Basic Settings" and if the SSID listed there isn't in Chinese then that isn't where the problem is but rather the device name that Windows reports. That is neither the SSID nor the Device Name as listed by the router itself. I'm not sure if you can rename this. Is it a big problem?
It isn't a problem but my eyes twitch whenever I see it. :D

Y2K

Read what I said. Also no need to be nasty.
Because you're talking about things you do not know. There is no almost when it comes to hardware, it either is or it isn't and if my comments make you cry then don't bother replying.