Recent tech purchases

DA-LION-619

Which model?

I can return it to Takelot if it's not good. But I think it should be good, I looked at lots of reviews and it's generally positive. Prices go up rapidly and if this works at R3,000 then I'm happy.
Wasn’t a major issue, I can’t remember but when the ‘ai-mesh’ was turned on it didn’t allow you to set the DHCP/DNS server.
The actual mesh network worked fine and their app was great for setting up the nodes unlike TP-Link whose app requires you create an account.

If you’re surrounded by a ton of Wi-Fi networks like I am in my flat, then go WIFI-6 especially if you have compatible devices since there isn’t as much interference.

biometrics

Wasn’t a major issue, I can’t remember but when the ‘ai-mesh’ was turned on it didn’t allow you to set the DHCP/DNS server.
The actual mesh network worked fine and their app was great for setting up the nodes unlike TP-Link whose app requires you create an account.

If you’re surrounded by a ton of Wi-Fi networks like I am in my flat, then go WIFI-6 especially if you have compatible devices since there isn’t as much interference.
Oh ok, I’ll set that on the main node before enabling the mesh anyway. Very few Wi-Fi networks where I am.

biometrics

The 12 is the first of the "new" generation, so will retain value better and will likely be supported for a fair bit longer. It has a significantly better display and also supports 5G, making it more future proof.
Fuck it, think I'll go large and get the Watch Ultra and iPhone 14.

Rudolph Hart

Seems the big change is the squared sides. Mmm...
I am not a fan of the squared sides, but if you stick the thing in a protective cover, it makes almost no difference.

I use both an 11 (private phone) and a 12 (work phone). I don’t have 5g out here so that makes no difference to me, but subjectively the 12 does seem better at picking up a weak (4g) signal. I’ve never had a problem with the display on my 11, so if the 12 is better, I don’t notice it, although to be fair I spend a lot more time on my 11 than I do on the 12.

Baxteen

honestly, if you are not buying the 14 pro then you are litrally just buying an iphone 13.
same chip and everything.
not saying that because I hate apple products, saying that because its true.
I have given up on hating on apple. an apple user is like an ANC supporter.
its always easier to con someone than to make them believe they have been conned. and apple just proves that every year.

biometrics

This new version required a login but not a big deal. I could change the router IP address and DHCP after the mesh was set up. Seems to work very well so far.

biometrics

That should keep you happy for years.
Still trying to pull the trigger. Figure if I get Apple One and start using Fitness+, Apple TV and Apple Music the whole eco system will come together. I don't currently have any tv, music or fitness products.