Over 18 (was 35, 50) in SA? Register for vaccination NOW!

satanboy

I received another sms that states that I am scheduled for a vaccine at Dischem Parow at 8am on Monday!

These people are idiots.

biometrics

Interesting. From EVDS ahead of the over 50s roll out on the 15th.
I think they are moving up the date by a week, that's why Discovery emailed yesterday. Hopefully we get slots here soon, would rather not drive to the city.

biometrics

So no difference for SB if he waits for the Discovery appointment and the Pfizer.
Yip. Discovery gets it from government, same stock.

From what I've read both are good but Pfizer seems better, so that's the one I want.

Venomous

It seems like they are not paying attention to where your closest clinics/centres are vs where you stay....

biometrics

It seems like they are not paying attention to where your closest clinics/centres are vs where you stay....
As long as you have the SMS code you can go anywhere. My mother is in Stellenbosch and was told to go to Grabouw 50km away and she is in her 80s. The local vaccination centre accepted her.

Tribs

Mine is at the Centurion main one. Between 2 and 4 on the 7th. Raslouw is much closer and not in a Mall. Going to see if they are doing it.

By tomorrow we should know if Hubby has covid. They are both still very sick. Doctor's rooms are closed (they are usually open). Clinic isn't taking any more new patients. So getting stuff from the chemist for them. Don't want to do the emergency at the hospital in case they are not infected and get infected.

biometrics

How long after having Covid should you wait for a vaccination?
This is the pre vaccination questions that Discovery asks (from their website), so looks like ten days after recovery:

Before your vaccination, the vaccinator will ask you a few questions about your medical history and help you to understand more about vaccines.

You will be asked to delay your vaccination if:

You have COVID-19 or are still within the 10-day recovery period

You were hospitalised due to COVID-19 within the last 28 days

You had any vaccine (including the flu vaccine) within the last 14 days

You had your first COVID-19 vaccine dose within the last 42 days

Follow the medical advice you have been given if:

You have been advised by a medical doctor not to get vaccinated

You had a severe or immediate allergic reaction (within four hours) to your first dose of COVID-19 vaccine