Look: Fed up of the scourge of rape and femicide, SA women turn to guns for protection

SoldierMan

he/she most certainly has not

a modern (so including digital communications platform and so on) "well regulated militia" would be a profound thing in South Africa, getting to one though is no small feat. And frankly the biggest challenge is the gun nuts who rather than driving initiatives to promote responsible possession, use and ownership of firearms are delinquents.

However far more than requiring militia membership, applying strict liability and mandating public liability insurance on gun ownership is the best means to regulate.

Seriously :ROFLMAO: Paul uses "well regulated militia", "profound" and then uses things like "gun nuts" and "delinquents" in the same paragraph. And you expect to have a serious conversation with actual gun owners about gun rights in SA. Clearly you have little to no respect for any actual gun owners in SA. Just stop pretending you actually care Paul, it's getting a little long in the tooth.

Paul Hjul

Yeah don't tell Dave that or you will be labelled a white supremacist Nazi, worse than the devil himself.
Look, white men aren't innocent in all this, just look at the Nicholas Ninow's of this world.
Post #3

Prior to anybody expressing any disagreement with the crux of the article, you embark on malevolent and despicable character assassination of Dave and willfully mis-state his view. Why did you do this? Because you don't want a good faith discussion, you want to set up a rant about "libtards" and "Blacks" and so on.

In fact I am pretty certain that Dave and everybody else commenting in this thread would be all in favour of Black women (and more pertinently senior high school girls of all races) receiving self-defence classes and having an opportunity to shoot at a firing range. It is probable that everybody commenting would even sign onto the proposition that an increase in lawful firearm possession amongst women would reduce gender based and opportunistic women victim crime. We would probably disagree about various aspects of things - such as the increase in people being injured by their own firearm and the like - but we would be able to debate specifics in good faith.

Paul Hjul

Seriously :ROFLMAO: Paul uses "well regulated militia", "profound" and then uses things like "gun nuts" and "delinquents" in the same paragraph. And you expect to have a serious conversation with actual gun owners about gun rights in SA. Clearly you have little to no respect for any actual gun owners in SA. Just stop pretending you actually care Paul, it's getting a little long in the tooth.
I have had plenty of discussions with actual gun owners about gun rights in South Africa, particularly the professional hunters ... Hell I've had discussions with members of the NRA in the US.

Again you clearly have no fucking idea who I am, what my political views and affiliations are. You are repeatedly refusing to have an actual discussion with people about what their views actually are. Presumably the moment somebody doesn't subscribe to your cult they must be of the "other tribe".

SoldierMan

Post #3

Prior to anybody expressing any disagreement with the crux of the article, you embark on malevolent and despicable character assassination of Dave and willfully mis-state his view. Why did you do this? Because you don't want a good faith discussion, you want to set up a rant about "libtards" and "Blacks" and so on.

You're obviously late to the party Paul. Dave has been calling me a white supremacist racist Nazi for days now. Over and over and over. Swearing at me about my mom saying I like to have sex with my mother and sister, the list goes on and on and on.

There was history, and if you think what I said was malevolent and despicable (excuse me while I have a belly laugh) and a character assassination then you CLEARLY DON'T KNOW DAVE. What I said was an understatement if anything. Get a clue.

What do "blacks" have to do with anything?
What do "libtards" have to do with females owning guns?

In fact I am pretty certain that Dave and everybody else commenting in this thread would be all in favour of Black women (and more pertinently senior high school girls of all races) receiving self-defence classes and having an opportunity to shoot at a firing range. It is probable that everybody commenting would even sign onto the proposition that an increase in lawful firearm possession amongst women would reduce gender based and opportunistic women victim crime. We would probably disagree about various aspects of things - such as the increase in people being injured by their own firearm and the like - but we would be able to debate specifics in good faith.

So you speaking for Dave now, you his representative?

And yeah I don't disagree with that, any normal thinking person living in SA would support women owning guns given the murder and rape of women in SA. Would you characterise those women as gun nuts and delinquents as well :whistle:

So does that extend to conservatives and right-leaning people living in SA as well?

SoldierMan

I have had plenty of discussions with actual gun owners about gun rights in South Africa, particularly the professional hunters ... Hell I've had discussions with members of the NRA in the US.

Again you clearly have no fucking idea who I am, what my political views and affiliations are. You are repeatedly refusing to have an actual discussion with people about what their views actually are. Presumably the moment somebody doesn't subscribe to your cult they must be of the "other tribe".

Awesome you spoke to some people, I take it they were not "gun nuts" or "delinquents" as you so kindly put it?

I don't care who you are but your attitude and words speak for themself, "gun nuts" and "delinquents" says all I need to know about you, prove me wrong.

On the contrary, I'm a libertarian, you can say and do as you please as long as you don't step on my rights. Which several here want to do.

Again you are waaay late to the party. Ever since I said I was a Trump supporter and a Christian I have had insults and abuse thrown my way, it is your buddies like Dave who are the intolerant people you are accusing me of being.

Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot, perhaps not but your description of gun owners leaves a lot to be desired.

SoldierMan

Should we pull a move like you do?
Why don't you prove you're not one?

That's not how it works.
You accuse me of something, then you got to back it up.

It's like me accusing you lot of being Chairman Mao supporters because you are leftists and therefore approve of democide. Prove that you don't support Mao or democide.

Johnatan56

That's not how it works.
You accuse me of something, then you got to back it up.

It's like me accusing you lot of being Chairman Mao supporters because you are leftists and therefore approve of democide.
You did the same thing to Dave and Paul. Do you see the hypocrisy?

SoldierMan

Dave calls you a white supremacist because you are one

Still waiting Paul, were you blowing smoke or do you have a picture of me attending a AWB meeting in the 90's? :ROFLMAO:

This kinda reminds me of what an American living in Texas said on another forum, I'll quote.

Tuesday night on CNN, AC360 host Anderson Cooper added to the Jeffrey Zucker-led network’s resume of hate against those they disagree with as he compared former President Donald Trump and his supporters to those that carried out the Bosnian and Rwanda genocides in the 1990s.

So the media now portrays 1/2 of America as genocidal murders. If this country last another year I will be surprised.

Is this what you are referring to Paul, that all Trump supporters are now white supremacists? Please don't tell me that's all you have?

Lara

For the first time in her life, Ntando Mthembu holds a revolver in her hands. Without hesitating she fires 10 bullets towards a cardboard target.
Revolver with a capacity of ten? Surely it was a pistol. ;)

Lara

Could've been a .22 revolver which comes in 10 rounds or she could have reloaded, but yeah I also found that a little funny.
Firearm training is usually done with pistols. It is a lot safer than handling a revolver that is ready to fire. ;)