Look: Fed up of the scourge of rape and femicide, SA women turn to guns for protection

SoldierMan

I am not sure it is a fair assumption that he (she?) has a licence.

That's right, I don't need a licence I'm a sovereign citizen, the law has no hold over me! Am I right!
Besides who needs store bought ammo, you can just pick up stompies from the gun range and make your own! Am I right!

scudsucker

And why would you do that? You don't think that conservatives have a right to self-defence in SA?
Conservatives in general are, in my opinion, and just like anyone else, welcome to arrange for a license and possess a weapon.

You, SoldierBoy, specifically should not be allowed to.

scudsucker

That's right, I don't need a licence I'm a sovereign citizen, the law has no hold over me! Am I right!
Besides who needs store bought ammo, you can just pick up stompies from the gun range and make your own! Am I right!
This underlines my point above: you are not stable or sane.

Paul Hjul

well you definitely lack the mental faculties to manufacture your own ammunition. There is however a sizable black market for munitions in South Africa. So it really isn't clear.
The bigger question - which you've ignored answering - is what is the issue with SA's gun controls? You seem to be spewing the proposition that nobody has firearms in this country which is baldly false. You've failed to identify a defect in either the legislation or its implementation. A proper discussion turns on a rational factual matrix.

If you want to avoid being insulted and engage in a discussion, enter into the discussion with good faith. Make an actual argument. If you make bald hysterical (and false) claims and fail to tease out any explanation you simply prove yourself to be a pigeon pretending to play chess.

Based on the general hysteria, incompetence and general aggression seething in your posts its really difficult to know whether you are kept locked in a basement going all keyboard warrior or whether you are an actual armed menace and threat. What I do know is that if you are ever dressed in animal skins they should not let you anywhere near a public building because even if you are wholly unable to cause any actual menace the embarrassment that your ilk has a footing in this country is something we really cannot afford.

scudsucker

because you are an unhinged, dishonest person
who is thoroughly moronic and woefully ignorant on what responsible firearm possession entails.

stated differently, you are too fucking stupid to own a gun
Succinct and accurate.

SoldierMan

This underlines my point above: you are not stable or sane.

Ah I understand now.... you have no sense of humour, you are unable to detect it so you go through life in a tangle. I suggest you watch the movie Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, there is a bit in the movie where he teaches about humour and jokes. After you have watched it and understood, re-read my post :ROFLMAO:

SoldierMan

because you are an unhinged, dishonest person
who is thoroughly moronic and woefully ignorant on what responsible firearm possession entails.

stated differently, you are too fucking stupid to own a gun

How am I unhinged?
How am I dishonest?

But if those who are moronic (fancy words you are using, wow) and ignorant shouldn't be allowed to own guns, wouldn't that rule out all those on the left, including you? Maybe THAT'S why the left don't like guns, because deep down they know they are way too emotionally immature and intolerant and therefore will shoot at the slightest provocation. It all makes sense now.

Johnatan56

No chip whatsoever, just don't like shoot from the hip comments from ignorant people who know nothing about guns telling me about gun rights. Adding to that we live in a country with one of the most high murder rates in the world (usually knives and blunt objects) and peoplel want to berate you for being pro gun, it's ignorance, arrogance and outright sanctimonious bullcrap.

Nice that you think I don't understand what it means. I have heard from many Americans what they think it stands for and I understand it just fine thank you.
I understand what the founding fathers of America thought it means and I side with them, but I'm sure you know better than them.

If you actually read my posts you will see that I said a second amendment style law, not what America has.

So what exactly are you against when it comes to gun rights in South Africa?
I don't think you've actually read the second amendment, specifically in regards to the militia arguments.

SoldierMan

well you definitely lack the mental faculties to manufacture your own ammunition. There is however a sizable black market for munitions in South Africa. So it really isn't clear.
The bigger question - which you've ignored answering - is what is the issue with SA's gun controls? You seem to be spewing the proposition that nobody has firearms in this country which is baldly false. You've failed to identify a defect in either the legislation or its implementation. A proper discussion turns on a rational factual matrix.

Actually it's pretty simple, for 9mmP all you need is a brass case, bullet, primer and some nitrocellulose (gun powder), preferably some MP200.
I like the Lee Classic Turret Press as it's not as slow as a single stage press and but not as fast as a progressive press so you have more control over the process.

Insert your case and make sure you have all the correct dies in place, resize your case, then prime your case, drop the powder (check manually if you want to) and then place the bullet in the mouth of the case and seat with the die.

Case length is important especially with a small case like a 9mmP. Seat the bullet too deep and you can get excessive pressure which can lead to a boom and a damaged gun and you.

It's fun though, very therapeutic.

If you want to avoid being insulted and engage in a discussion, enter into the discussion with good faith. Make an actual argument. If you make bald hysterical (and false) claims and fail to tease out any explanation you simply prove yourself to be a pigeon pretending to play chess.

:ROFLMAO: I started this thread with an article on females in SA owning guns, you lot went entirely off the rails AS USUAL and started with your usual insults and attacking the person and not the ball.

Don't even pretend that you care about the topic at hand :ROFLMAO: all you care about is attacking a gun owning conservative. Come now lets at least be honest about that. Discussing the topic at hand was NEVER on your and the other intolerables mind. I mean if we are being honest and all.

Based on the general hysteria, incompetence and general aggression seething in your posts its really difficult to know whether you are kept locked in a basement going all keyboard warrior or whether you are an actual armed menace and threat. What I do know is that if you are ever dressed in animal skins they should not let you anywhere near a public building because even if you are wholly unable to cause any actual menace the embarrassment that your ilk has a footing in this country is something we really cannot afford.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Hysteria, incompetence and general aggression, why that sounds like the perfect description of you lot!!! How does the saying go, when in Rome do as the Romans do!! I am taking my cue from you guys Pauly, what you see in me is a reflection of you intolerant aggressive rude self-important sub-adults.

I'm doing this for a laugh in case you hadn't noticed :ROFLMAO: You lot really are a disgrace to the human race and I'm really glad that you don't like guns because you would be too unstable to own one, I mean imagine Dave owning a gun! Madness.

It's intolerant people like you lot who are responsible for all the aggression and fighting we see between differing groups in society. You lot are incapable of accepting differing opinions so just go on the attack. You lot are the Julius Malema's of this world. Take a look in the mirror Paul, there is an intolerant extremist looking back. It's ugly.

Paul Hjul

I don't think you've actually read the second amendment, specifically in regards to the militia arguments.
he/she most certainly has not

a modern (so including digital communications platform and so on) "well regulated militia" would be a profound thing in South Africa, getting to one though is no small feat. And frankly the biggest challenge is the gun nuts who rather than driving initiatives to promote responsible possession, use and ownership of firearms are delinquents.

However far more than requiring militia membership, applying strict liability and mandating public liability insurance on gun ownership is the best means to regulate.

SoldierMan

Allow your own words to provide evidence:

Oh scuddy, you're way to easy to play.
Lighten up buddy I'm not actually taking you seriously, just curious how the mind of a woke leftist works and trying to understand just how intolerant you are and where the dictator in you starts/stops. Quite clear now that you would ban any conservative who supports Trump or has any beliefs that contradict your own on any real level.

That's the difference between you and me, I grant you your right to believe and say and do that, you don't. You know, like Malema, because that is what you lot here are a bunch of intolerant little Malema clones.