Home Brewing

biometrics

Nearly three weeks and the 23L Coopers can Hefe Wheat with 1.5 kg (rather than 1 kg) DME is still burping at me. It's been a chilly month or two.
Started 10 Aug, still not done. But I'm hopeful that the time spent will make it very tasty... Four weeks tomorrow.

GreGorGy

My son and the domestic's son joined me today for big fucken brew, 30L of the clone. It was PT! They've just left but not before grinding down the grain I need for a 10L lager. I wanna get the lager recipe right for normal CO2 keg. So, we start at the educational beginning - 10L. Tomorrow I will do my last Coopers Irish Stout. Then, I will have 60L on the go and in two weeks time, the rewards shall be reaped.

biometrics

My son and the domestic's son joined me today for big fucken brew, 30L of the clone. It was PT! They've just left but not before grinding down the grain I need for a 10L lager. I wanna get the lager recipe right for normal CO2 keg. So, we start at the educational beginning - 10L. Tomorrow I will do my last Coopers Irish Stout. Then, I will have 60L on the go and in two weeks time, the rewards shall be reaped.
I've been slacking with various personal dramas. Will get into this again soon. Not a fuck am I buying craft beer retail again (other than at a pub or restaurant). Gin and rum have filled the space for an afternoon drink in the mean time.

Got screwed by dodgy campden tablets killing my yeast.

My Coopers Hefe Wheat 23L is still fermenting. More than four weeks, but it was cold for much of it.

GreGorGy

I've been slacking with various personal dramas. Will get into this again soon. Not a fuck am I buying craft beer retail again (other than at a pub or restaurant). Gin and rum have filled the space for an afternoon drink in the mean time.

Got screwed by dodgy campden tablets killing my yeast.

My Coopers Hefe Wheat 23L is still fermenting. More than four weeks, but it was cold for much of it.
Yeah - I also took a three week brewing break, and I have paid the price. After the clone was emptied at the club last weekend, I found myself with nothing on tap. I am two weeks away from having anything on tap - three week break = three weeks with nothing on tap. Damn! But now that I have taught two others enough to do at least half the work and all the heavy lifting (I have this nagging rotator cuff injury) hopefully I can have the kegs on a proper cycle. Now if only I can wrap my hands around a 50L SAB keg to really have one reliable stockpile - that would be great.

Snyper564

I'm officially done for a while. Did a massive bottling batch yesterday think I have 4x440mx24.

Should be fine till Nov ish.

I'm toying with the idea of a 10plus percent brandywine for Christmas. I'll start in the next few weeks to allow it to age for a few mobths.
I echo @biometrics not buying craft beer any time soon. Have a friend. Who has been brewing for years so we just swop out a few six packs. Have more variety than ever now

biometrics

I’m going to bottle the Coopers Hefe Wheat soon. Five weeks fermenting. I’m guessing it’s going to be amazing.

SykomantiS

I still buy craft, very rarely. My latest "craft beer" purchase wan't really craft though. Purchased a case of Trappist Achel Bruin 8°.
Need me some more kegs, waiting for stock for more than a month now, hopefully I'll have confirmation around the 17th or 18th.
And then I need to figure out what I want to brew next.

Snyper564

I still buy craft, very rarely. My latest "craft beer" purchase wan't really craft though. Purchased a case of Trappist Achel Bruin 8°.
Need me some more kegs, waiting for stock for more than a month now, hopefully I'll have confirmation around the 17th or 18th.
allo welcome to this side :)

GreGorGy

I found 30L kegs at BevPlus.G coupling.

bigAl-sa

My harvested yeast has resulted in a rather cloudy beer. It certainly did not flocculate as well as the yeasts I normally use.

I cannot complain about the taste though - it is really pleasant on the palate.

Snyper564

My harvested yeast has resulted in a rather cloudy beer. It certainly did not flocculate as well as the yeasts I normally use.

I cannot complain about the taste though - it is really pleasant on the palate.
which yeast?

GreGorGy

I washed the ragnarok a couple of weeks ago. I had three little bottles. On Saturday, I made the clone, as modified. 30L. Today, I took a reading - 1006.

Fuck me. That's basically done. But, I also noted it was cloudier than its first batch. That is just the sample for gravity though. I will do a final assessment after the crash. The sample is also delicious.

Snyper564

Not sure whether you're referring to harvested yeast or the one I normally use:

The harvested yeast was a mixture of safale 04 and 05 and maybe some mangrove jack.

I normally use safale 04
the harvested. also had cloudier beer on repitched yeast cake