Home Brewing

biometrics

Just the juice, straight from the carton.
That's a high SG. My juice's sugar is 10g/100ml and yours is 12g/100ml. I even added 450g to the about 9.5L. So I'm a bit surprised at yours as mine is 1.062.

R

[)roi(]

That's a high SG. My juice's sugar is 10g/100ml and yours is 12g/100ml. I even added 450g to the about 9.5L. so I'm a bit surprised at yours as mine is 1.062.
I was also surprised; I usually make apple cider from apples I run through the liquidiser and the gravity is much lower i.e. I usually bump it a little with extra sugar. Guess liquifruit adds extra sugar even though they say they don't?

biometrics

I was also surprised; I usually make apple cider from apples I run through the liquidiser and the gravity is much lower i.e. I usually bump it a little with extra sugar. Guess liquifruit adds extra sugar even though they say they don't?
That would be a fair conclusion.

bigAl-sa

My Liquifruit mango and orange cider was diluted 2:1 with water, 1kg sugar, started out at 1.070, got down to 1.020 in the fermenting vessel, and is still fizzing like mad in the bottles 4 weeks down the line! A bit too potent, but @Papa Smurf would love it. The missus drinks it with a Liquifruit mango and orange mix :D

BloodrayneZA

i started a ginger beer batch this afternoon
35 minutes after screwing the cap on the airlock is bubbling (y) fuck i love making alcohol

I used to make ginger beer myself - mainly for the CO2 I needed for my planted tank and it became an hobby itself as I couldn't bear to waste the fermented liquid. Oooo I got pissed on it lol and some friends took a few bottles too. They loved it.

Tribs

My Liquifruit mango and orange cider was diluted 2:1 with water, 1kg sugar, started out at 1.070, got down to 1.020 in the fermenting vessel, and is still fizzing like mad in the bottles 4 weeks down the line! A bit too potent, but @Papa Smurf would love it. The missus drinks it with a Liquifruit mango and orange mix :D
My kids drank the juice before I could make it. Buying more today

Papa Smurf

alrighty then
2 batches on the go
bottling in 7 days time
then start suiping in another 7 days on the Coopers Preachers Beer, the Muntons Stout needs to be bottled for 14 days minimum

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-14 at 12.25.37.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-14 at 12.25.38.jpeg