Home Brewing

biometrics

Oh ok, I see you need to use your own bucket or container to ferment in.
From the picture I thought you did it all in the silver bag, so was wondering how they did the valving etc.
You will need a fermenter. E.g.

GreGorGy

@GreGorGy do you do the double cleaning of a fermenter like we do with a keg?

I rinse it out and clean it proper when I empty it at the end of a brew. Then, when I next brew, I clean and sterilise. I brewed yesterday, funny enough, and realised I do too much cleaning.

I won't be able to drink for the next few months so I want to build a stockpile so that all my kegs are full by my 50th, an occasion where I hope to finally be drinking again.

GreGorGy

Kegged my brew from two weeks ago last night on nitro, low pressure. Keeping an eye on it. Brewed a stout today that I am very excited about. Everything went according to plan and I read 1043 OG.

biometrics

Kegged my brew from two weeks ago last night on nitro, low pressure. Keeping an eye on it. Brewed a stout today that I am very excited about. Everything went according to plan and I read 1043 OG.
Pity Droid had his right wing fit and left, he was very informative.

Looking forward to building my brew room so I can use all the gear and supplies I bought. Probably next year (not a major build, the walls are already there).

biometrics

Btw, follow up on a previous question. I do the brew wash and sanitising of the keg but the fermenter I only do the sanitise after cleaning with a sponge. Do you brew wash the fermenter as well?

biometrics

Fermenting my second Beerplus Wort Brewing Kit. Last one turned out to taste very nice, much better than the Coopers Cans with the correct sugar. The Beerplus also doesn't need sugar like Coopers so it works out about the same. It's also easier to make than Coopers.

satanboy

Newly purchased yeast (with good purchase-by date), can be stored in a cool location (pantry or cabinet), refrigerated, or frozen for up to two years.

biometrics

Newly purchased yeast (with good purchase-by date), can be stored in a cool location (pantry or cabinet), refrigerated, or frozen for up to two years.
Yeah, also checked the expiry they are 2022 (and in the fridge).

biometrics

Looking into getting a micro brewery license, anyone know more about this process and the requirements? I assume I can't just sell home made beer on a market without some red tape.

biometrics

On second thought, it's raining and I need to use the outside tap, so can wait until tomorrow.
Never did get around to this. Been in the fermenter four weeks now. Wanted to keg it this morning and found a huge chunk of ice inside about bottom 1/4. No idea where it came from. Not beer colour, looks like ice. So had to defrost that all day. Kegging tomorrow finally.

biometrics

Never did get around to this. Been in the fermenter four weeks now. Wanted to keg it this morning and found a huge chunk of ice inside about bottom 1/4. No idea where it came from. Not beer colour, looks like ice. So had to defrost that all day. Kegging tomorrow finally.
Jeez, only did this today, so more than a month in the fermenter. Wonder if it would have developed more flavour due to the time?