Home Brewing

biometrics

Sorry, I'm late again with a reply. If it's not too late already, maybe boil whatever is in your fermenters, and pitch fresh yeast?
Been thinking about this... alcohol evaporates at 78C so if I boil it I'll lose the alcohol. Going to go by the smell and taste test.

If I put it in the fermenter the day I got it I would have been none the wiser. And I'm pretty sure Bevplus/Beerplus have higher standards than I do at home. So fingers crossed.

satanboy

1641452969393.png
angy raspberry notes with an undertone of wheat give this light, refreshing beer the perfect introduction. Expect a clean, tart sourness and a crisp, dry finish.

ABV Approx: 3.6%
Bitterness: 1/5
IBU: 4-8
Colour: Dark Pink
Makes: 23 L
Yeast: M20 Bavarian Yeast

Brewing Sugar Required: 0.6 kg Dextrose/Brew Enhancer

Sounds interesting.

biometrics

It's been like four weeks since the Beerplus wort was replaced and it is still bubbling. I am actually now suspicious of it considering the weather. Think I am going to dump it and brew the replacement (can confirm the bags did not expand). Not costing me anything but my sanity.

SykomantiS

It's been like four weeks since the Beerplus wort was replaced and it is still bubbling. I am actually now suspicious of it considering the weather. Think I am going to dump it and brew the replacement (can confirm the bags did not expand). Not costing me anything but my sanity.
Taste and smell it first. No need to dump if it's not off.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

scudsucker

I should get a keg, but don't have funds currently
I have 2 x 20L of that Beerplus wort that's been in the fermenters since December. Must be pretty tasty by now. Will keg one this weekend.
Doesn't it start to turn to vinegar after so long? My brews do two weeks in the fermentation barrel.

satanboy

Homebrew keeps well for about a year, and its flavour often continues evolving. The flavour tends to keep improving for a month or two after bottling, stays steady for several months, and then starts to deteriorate and turn stale after about 12 months.