Home Brewing

GreGorGy

Time to dust this old thread off.

I have a 20L clone ready to keg, a 10L lager ready to be lagered and three stout cans for when days go dark. I also have about 20kgs of grain which should comfortably produce about 80L of beer so I am covered for the next few weeks - probably till March depending on how thirsty my son is...

biometrics

Got 15L (or a bit less) in the keg and can make another 200+L cans and grains. But I’m only drinking once a week atm so that will last a long time.

And just checked, Beerlab cans are available.

Last edited:

LD50

Just completed 18L pine apple beer in newly bought 20L bucket, ol' school style. If you don't approve of primitive method fuck all you all
:p

biometrics

Just completed 18L pine apple beer in newly bought 20L bucket, ol' school style. If you don't approve of primitive method fuck all you all
:p
We approve. We just prefer the taste of beer. :p

Order yourself some Coopers beer cans, takes no special skill or equipment and certainly a lot less effort than pineapples. Just remember to add the sugar to your order (type is specified at the bottom of the page). It includes the yeast. Your bucket will do fine, just need to do the airlock thing or get one when you order a can.

Grommet and airlock for R70 total.

Last edited:

LD50

We approve. We just prefer the taste of beer. :p

Order yourself some Coopers beer cans, takes no special skill or equipment and certainly a lot less effort than pineapples. Just remember to add the sugar to your order (type is specified at the bottom of the page). It includes the yeast. Your bucket will do fine, just need to do the airlock thing or get one when you order a can.

Grommet and airlock for R70 total.

Thx for this. I must say you did a very enthusiastic update on the OP

LD50

@biometrics, looking at the Coopers site products , you need to order the malt separately. This correct?
Do you have an example of one of your orders

Papa Smurf

@biometrics, looking at the Coopers site products , you need to order the malt separately. This correct?
No, everything you need comes in the tin of Coopers, you just need some hardware like the bucket to ferment and an airlock to prevent bacteria entering the bucket.

You can bottle into plastic bottles afterwards if you want to, like old Coke bottles, it does work. Ive done it before.

biometrics

Since you like lager:

Plus the sugar as specified at the bottom of the page, Brew Enhancer no. 2:

@Papa Smurf just uses white sugar but using the correct sugar improves the taste substantially.

You can use your 5L bottles and a funnel for storage or you can go all the way and get lots of other equipment.

Make sure to sanitise the containers and funnel with Jik.

With the hot temperature it will be ready in a week.

Papa Smurf

Good Ole Jik works wonders, I still use it all the time to sanitise.
I mix roughly 2 to 3 cups loads into a bath of water filled halfway to clean my fermenters and whatever else is going to touch inside of fermenter.

Same with bottling afterwards, 2 to 3 cups of jik in the bath

I leave everything for 30 minutes and then just go ahead and do my stuff, with such a weak concentration I do not even bother cleaning with clean water rinsing afterwards. Never had a problem before in last 20years like this