Home Brewing

biometrics

I bought the exact same model a few months ago after hard lockdown ended in May or June
Havent used mine either
Buying quarts from supermarkets is so easy
Im a lazy naai
Need to fire this puppy up and make real beer again

Oooooh that reminds me, and make real biltong again

Nothing in life is better than drinking a homemade beer and snacking on homemade biltong whilst @BloodrayneZA runs her fingers through your chest hairs (y) 🍺 🔥
Now you just need to get chickens for your own eggs.

BloodrayneZA

I bought the exact same model a few months ago after hard lockdown ended in May or June
Havent used mine either
Buying quarts from supermarkets is so easy
Im a lazy naai
Need to fire this puppy up and make real beer again

Oooooh that reminds me, and make real biltong again

Nothing in life is better than drinking a homemade beer and snacking on homemade biltong whilst @BloodrayneZA runs her fingers through your chest hairs (y) 🍺 🔥
now I want some biltong too - actually it's expensive in the UK - £30 to £50 for 1kg. WTF??

SykomantiS

So... If I had bought this thing brand new I'd be PISSED off right now (still am, a little bit). Handle juat came off while moving the fermenter to make soace for one of my old plastic ones with a brew in it. Luckily it didn't happen while carrying the thing the other day.

b63265e33243bcef9270175ee8ee3d4e.jpg

f833b3c99128d5571d00c1eba8a78ccf.jpg

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
Just to follow up on this, I found out what happened here. Previous owner closed a garage door on the fermenter- who would have thought. He then glued it on, brewed like that since before Covid. And now it eventually came loose again. I'm going to try have it welded back on.

GreGorGy

I decided to organise things a bit better in my grain fridge. Through that exercise, I found I had 2kgs of Viking Pilsner and 1kg of something that wasn't labelled so I whipped up all of the viking and 400g of the mystery grain and made a 10L pilsner today. First grain in a month. Next weekend I have to do the ale. My taps are running dry. They will both be ready for Christmas. Pilsner is being done with Saflager and the ale will definitely be Kviek.

This pilsner is actually fucken amazing. So, it has been at it for a week now and I tested it - still going strong. But, the sample I poured, was completely transparent - no suspended matter. The taste was something else as well. This will probably end up being one of my finest normal beers.

And on to the ale: I have enough grain for a few brews but figured lemme pick some spare up just in case. Got to brew craft and he said they are no longer selling SAB Pale. They claimed it had too many issues. So I got BEST instead. When I got home, I brewed with the older SAB pale. And I eventually opted against the kviek and used an S04 instead. There is a rapid fire of bubbles through the grommet today. Methinks this will also be a fine brew.

Papa Smurf

i panicked last night watching SABC and I was drunk so I ordered a cheap Coopers Dark Ale and a cheap Coopers Crown Lager

biometrics

i panicked last night watching SABC and I was drunk so I ordered a cheap Coopers Dark Ale and a cheap Coopers Crown Lager

Better safe than sorry. But I doubt we'll have an alcohol sales ban, that crap they pull on a Sunday night. More likely Mon-Thu again.

biometrics

SykomantiS

I am looking for something free to run, whats the best free one out there ?
You don't have to have a sub for Brewfather. You do get a 30 day free trial to help you decide, bit it can be used free of charge. It gets my vote either way.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

biometrics

Just discovered that if I leave the gas bottle valve open while pouring it creates a decent head. I've been opening it until 12 psi and then closing it before pouring, seems I've been doing it wrong @GreGorGy.

biometrics

I set mine to pressure and then just leave it there.
I don't have a permanent setup yet. I take the keg out of the fridge, hook up the gas and tap and pour. Pack it all back when done later. But leaving the valve open when pouring does make a big difference.

biometrics

Why not keep it out and on the gas then when you know you're going to be tapping, put it in the fridge beforehand?
It takes a long time to cool that volume. Nah it's fine this way, now I know keeping the gas open creates a head.