Home Brewing

biometrics

@GreGorGy btw the 40cm tube brushes I got from TA is 25cm, but now it's out of stock so the product page is unavailable. Tempted to return it. Meh, will merge two...

biometrics

@GreGorGy how much brew wash do you use? It says 10g/L but if I fill the keg to half that's about 10L and 100g of brew wash, more than 1/3 of the 250g container!

biometrics

Well that was fun. Learning new stuff and then doing it.

The Cerveza was in the fermenter for seven weeks due to kegging delays. Using a refractometer alcohol correction calculator it's 4.1% assuming a factor of 1 is correct:

Screenshot_20201121-145138__01.jpg

So did it all, brew wash, santitise, disassemble and sanitise, plumbers tape, screwing it all together, testing, redoing some things, kegging, gassing. Now it needs to chill before force carbonation. Had to take the shelves and drawer out and put it on an upside down shelf slightly leaning to the back to fit.

IMG_20201121_141108.jpg

IMG_20201121_141806.jpg

biometrics

Done the forced carbonation at 35 psi for four minutes by rocking the keg on my lap. Goes back in the fridge until this afternoon. :)

Düber

^ That looks like a lunch box with a forgotten peanut butter sandwich.

Should give the beer a great flavour.;)

biometrics

Just as I think I'm getting hang of it you confuse the shit out of me. Minimix 100? MyGas CO2?
@GreGorGy

What I didn't like is taking a full sodastream bottle off. It partly blew out the washer, so I assume you need to ideally leave it connected. So is there a Minimix or Mygas that has a valve?

GreGorGy

@GreGorGy

What I didn't like is taking a full sodastream bottle off. It partly blew out the washer, so I assume you need to ideally leave it connected. So is there a Minimix or Mygas that has a valve?
I just turn it real quick so very little escapes. I also use a different washer - the medium size from a tap set.

1606109350411.png

The MyGas minimix is also a sodastream adaptor so it won't change that problem.

biometrics

Just poured my first keg pint. Delicious! Could use more carbonisation but it has some fizz.

Minor error was the tap wasn't tight with the ball lock so some dribbled out. Quickly corrected.

This IS the way to go brewers...

biometrics

@GreGorGy ordered Coopers Irish Stout. My setup isn't ideal for grain brewing atm. Looking forward to having this in a keg.

@Snyper564 ordered some Kveik yeast. Have no plans for it yet but after your recommendation I feel I need to own some.

SykomantiS

Nice - where?
2nd hand purchase, guy getting rid of all his equipment.

Everything included, even some extras I wasn't counting on, extra GF filter, ss mash paddle, pin lock disconnects, 4 extra fermentation bubblers and probably some other small bits and bobs.