Home Brewing

SykomantiS

OK - just a word of warning: the fermentor needs work. The lid is sharp-edged and I cut myself 3 times trying to fit the gasket which is 0.5cm too small. FFS.

The brew kettle is great. No more BIAB for me. The weekend was rough (birthday weekend, spent Friday getting fucked and Saturday feeling sorry for myself and Polly, who would not leave my side after I got home Friday night till I left for work this morning. She hates being left alone. Shame.

She did not help at all during my attempts to brew.
Thanks for the feedback.

biometrics

Nope - I just use the gas to carbonate.
Being a bit clueless about this, explain to me please...

The gas tube is short, so I'm imagining the gas pushes the beer down and up the long tube. How does the gas get into the beer then?

GreGorGy

Being a bit clueless about this, explain to me please...

The gas tube is short, so I'm imagining the gas pushes the beer down and up the long tube. How does the gas get into the beer then?

I put it on and set the pressure and let it stand like that for a few days. Some folks like to agitate the keg as well as that also helps. Like rolling it or shaking it.

biometrics

Nice weather so today I am finally kegging. Due to constraints I need to use the outside tap therefore the wait for sunny weather.

biometrics

I've got this structure outside which is where we store the bin atm, it doesn't have to be stored there.

It has a outdoor shower with drainage. The base of a table. Six foot high walls.

Thinking this is ideal to convert into a brew room. Just increase the height a bit, add a roof and door, install one of those large basins and run electricity for plugs and light (there are plugs the other side of the shower)...

IMG_20201115_111833__01.jpg

IMG_20201115_111913__01.jpg

IMG_20201115_111942.jpg

IMG_20201115_111935__01.jpg

biometrics

Nice - could double as a grow room.

I found a cooper's devil's half porter. I forgot about it. It is my last can so I am doing that today. See how it goes kegging it as well.
I have a small green house...

Guess I need to include airbricks and an extractor for the steam.

GreGorGy

Turn that regulator all the way on the minus side. Attach that sodastream adaptor with plumbers tape. And tighten it with a spanner. Also make sure it has a rubber washer inside or else the gas will just spray everywhere.

biometrics

Turn that regulator all the way on the minus side. Attach that sodastream adaptor with plumbers tape. And tighten it with a spanner. Also make sure it has a rubber washer inside or else the gas will just spray everywhere.
Everything has washers.

Must I turn this in all the way with a spanner so it is flush? I don't have a spanner big enough, will have to go buy a larger monkey spanner.

IMG_20201115_155806.jpg

biometrics

Also, use plumbers tape to screw the adaptor into the mini regulator.
I've got plumbers tape.

So you did it on both sides of the adapter, the sodastream side and the regulator side. Aren't you worried some of the plumbers tape ends up inside the regulator, since the regulator side is much thinner and longer?

GreGorGy

I've got plumbers tape.

So you did it on both sides of the adapter, the sodastream side and the regulator side. Aren't you worried some of the plumbers tape ends up inside the regulator, since the regulator side is much thinner and longer?
Taped the thin bit that screws into the regulator. SS side has no tape - the big washer takes care of things on that side. Tape is on the thread of the screw so I don\t think any will get into the regulator.

biometrics

Watched a bunch of videos and reread @GreGorGy's posts and feel confident I've got this. Just need a bigger shifting spanner which I'll get tomorrow.

While drinking beer of course.