Home Brewing

Snyper564

Just bought soft copper tubing and easily bent it into this shape. Will run ice water through it with a pump from a cooler box. Was about 60 rand a meter. Sure you can buy it cheaper elsewhere though. Sold at gas shops not hardware stores or atleast not the 3 I looked at

GreGorGy

Just bought soft copper tubing and easily bent it into this shape. Will run ice water through it with a pump from a cooler box. Was about 60 rand a meter. Sure you can buy it cheaper elsewhere though. Sold at gas shops not hardware stores or atleast not the 3 I looked at

Clever - I may just try that. And I figure that Gardena drill bit will pump cold water through there easily.

R

[)roi(]

i bottled 4 days ago
how soon until i can start drinking it?
I typically give it 3 days; which is more than enough time for the yeast to consume the priming sugar and carbonate the beer. Pop one in the fridge and give it a try.

R

[)roi(]

Spent the day bottling another 120 x 750ml quarts, and brewing another 80 litres.

Finally relaxing for a late dinner and enjoying another diluted higher gravity Carahell Pilsner; the head retention problem is definitely resolved; I messed up previously with the priming sugar (too little).

biometrics

Spent the day bottling another 120 x 750ml quarts, and brewing another 80 litres.

Finally relaxing for a late dinner and enjoying another diluted higher gravity Carahell Pilsner; the head retention problem is definitely resolved; I messed up previously with the priming sugar (too little).
You brew a lot. What do you do with all of it?

Snyper564

First test run drops 5 deg a min. This means I can pitch kveik in 12 min and normal yeast in 15 to 18 min

IMG-20200823-WA0004.jpeg

Last edited:

Snyper564

what pump are you using?

one really can't afford to waste potable water here in GP, so am very interested in your experiments.
It's a 800l an hour pump paid 250 for it... The coil is 8m so it only does 800ml a minute Wish I got slightly bigger pump likely going to get slightly bigger if not double. But I can now make massive ice cubes and toss them in the cooler massive like make a ice cube in a pot and add a few during the cooling process. I just did 3kg of ice and it was finished at 65 deg I didn't have more it will cool even quicker with massive chunks of ice

Whole excercise cost about 900 not bad at all imo

biometrics

My grain brew hasn't bubbled in a week. I suspect the campden tablet as the same thing happened with a 20L ginger beer a few months ago. I thought the boil would eliminate it. So it seems there is something toxic to yeast in my campden tablets. Guess I will need to try again without.

Snyper564

My grain brew hasn't bubbled in a week. I suspect the campden tablet as the same thing happened with a 20L ginger beer a few months ago. I thought the boil would eliminate it. So it seems there is something toxic to yeast in my campden tablets. Guess I will need to try again without.
Total time in fermenter? And how long not bubbling? How big is the bucket for example 25l and how full?