Home Brewing

Papa Smurf

Yeah sorry but its a lot of work which i enjoy
but once I have this BIAB waxed I will be doing a full 50-litre keg at a time
so with boil and allow for space to not have a boilover and evaporation etc I am hoping to do 40 litres into 2 fermenting buckets

Snyper564

Yeah sorry but its a lot of work which i enjoy
but once I have this BIAB waxed I will be doing a full 50-litre keg at a time
so with boil and allow for space to not have a boilover and evaporation etc I am hoping to do 40 litres into 2 fermenting buckets
I highly recommend that you got hold of kveik will make your fermenting even better 3 bottles covering all your typical beer types and you sorted!

Also your higher summer temps wont be an issue at all!

Last edited:

Papa Smurf

since lockdown started i have been watching loads of YouTube videos on brewing beer and I follow quite a few people out there now. One of them is this girl, I enjoy her brews because she basically is not a pro and she often is surprised at her own brews.
Do any of you follow certain YouTubers out there?

Snyper564

since lockdown started i have been watching loads of YouTube videos on brewing beer and I follow quite a few people out there now. One of them is this girl, I enjoy her brews because she basically is not a pro and she often is surprised at her own brews.
Do any of you follow certain YouTubers out there?
I have seen her stuff here are my other channels:

R

[)roi(]

Super delicious boddingtons pub ale clone this is day 3 of bottle conditioning and day 10 overall. Gotta love Kveik its soooo good will leave the rest two weeks just wanted to try one after worrying the "fluffy sediment" messed things up

View attachment 6022

Nailed the color

View attachment 6023
Perfect color; but what happened to the head, or did you quaff before taking a photo?
Well done btw, thought the yeast wouldn't be a problem, glad I was right.

R

[)roi(]

Cracked open some pilsners I bottled 120 quarts on Tuesday; 6% ABV... today I'm two quarts in and feeling happy.
Higher gravity + dilution is all but perfect + the head retention was considerably better than the previous -- nailed these recipes.

Snyper564

Perfect color; but what happened to the head, or did you quaff before taking a photo?
Well done btw, thought the yeast wouldn't be a problem, glad I was right.
Thanks I poured it super carefully, but didnt need too. Will leave it to condition for another week. I am in no rush tbh its ready already this kveik is mind blowing

GreGorGy

I thought I would celebrate the final day where I can get both of my tobacco flavours and blend them by doing a 20L clone and crashing the 20L Coopers Irish Stout. Did the crash a while ago. I have also ground the grains. And washed the keg out but still need to sanitise it properly.

And now, before I get into the clone, I find myself pooped. I don't have an ounce of reliable energy. I need to recharge with breakfast then get going.

biometrics

I thought I would celebrate the final day where I can get both of my tobacco flavours and blend them by doing a 20L clone and crashing the 20L Coopers Irish Stout. Did the crash a while ago. I have also ground the grains. And washed the keg out but still need to sanitise it properly.

And now, before I get into the clone, I find myself pooped. I don't have an ounce of reliable energy. I need to recharge with breakfast then get going.
What is crashing? When you rapid cool the boil?