eBucks

Spizz

Thought you gave up on eBucks? Is that the SO's spend, since you're not here?

Sort of. I’ve been back into it since last year I guess and have been doing okay by following the in app guidance for paying bills and not drawing cash etc. Nothing too strenuous and I seem to hit level 5 every month quite easily.

biometrics

Essential if you want level 5.
Explain to me how it works for someone that is used to having a credit card and cheque card. I use the credit card for everything and the cheque card for cash-at-till.

Do I have one account or two for example?

Will the cash-at-till know to use the non credit card side of the account? Don't want to screw up the 100% credit card spend for eBucks.

Also did you need to go to a branch as it seems I can't get it done online.

Did you keep your account numbers?

PS: was about to ping you as I googled and ended up at a question you asked a year or two ago about it at mybb.

Sinbad

Explain to me how it works for someone that is used to having a credit card and cheque card. I use the credit card for everything and the cheque card for cash-at-till.

Do I have one account or two for example?

Will the cash-at-till know to use the non credit card side of the account? Don't want to screw up the 100% credit card spend for eBucks.

Also did you need to go to a branch as it seems I can't get it done online.

Did you keep your account numbers?

PS: was about to ping you as I googled and ended up at a question you asked a year or two ago about it at mybb.
Just keep the credit card and switch the cheque account to fusion, and don't change your usage at all

beefymoocow

I've recently changed my credit card to deduct the full amount each month, I believe that is interest free?

If I’m not mistaken. If your fusion account is in negative. And you do a eft transfer you would be charged interest. If you had a cc and cheque account. You might have not been charged interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biometrics

So going to Fusion, setting up a saving account with R13k and a scheduled transfer of R1.25k, diarising to click in the app, re-enabling FNB Pay and subscribing to a streaming service gets me back to RL5 with a bit of a buffer.

So I guess I kind of get Netflix for free. Just don’t tell backsteetboy (iirc).

biometrics

Stupid bank.

Went there a week ago to migrate to Fusion. System declines me but they can't say why. Same thing this morning.

System offers to upgrade me to Private Client though. My accounts are in good standing. I have no short term debt. I have large credit limits on my credit card and overdraft. My credit rating is near 100%. I earn plenty. Yet the computer says no. Not even the bank manager can say why or help.

Nobody can help they say. Have to wait till the 18th until some person returns from holiday.

Pathetic.

biometrics

Local FNB branch has thrown in the town. They can not migrate me to Fusion and can't explain why. "I don't qualify" they say. In the mean time I can get Private Client no problem. I have no debt with them, earn well, car is paid off, house only 35% left on the bond. It makes no sense. Luckily I don't need it for eBucks RL5 so they can get fucked.

Johnatan56

Local FNB branch has thrown in the town. They can not migrate me to Fusion and can't explain why. "I don't qualify" they say. In the mean time I can get Private Client no problem. I have no debt with them, earn well, car is paid off, house only 35% left on the bond. It makes no sense. Luckily I don't need it for eBucks RL5 so they can get fucked.
Same thing happened to my sis for e-bucks, somehow didn't qualify even though had Gold Fusion. Ended up migrating her package down to an Easy account with a gold credit card and suddenly she qualified again.

Y2K

buggar that
i was for many years on Premier and no not how i got there of what i earn, but FNB kept upgrading me over the years.
eventually i was earning 0 ebucks each month because of 1 little fact, i didnt earn R30k a month into my account after tax and whatever

i downgraded myself a years ago back to the lowest, im on Gold now, and i do not give a F whipping out my gold card in public to pay for whatever i am buying

im back on Level 5 eBucks and earning around R400 a month back (y)
Those cards are just a status symbol, who cares :ROFLMAO: What if your salary goes into another account and you just split it into several accounts for whatever reason.

biometrics

My eBucks calculator showed points for two streaming services but I only had Netflix so I queried it. The other “streaming service” was Mr D Food. Erm, ok.

• Haha
Reactions: Y2K

Sinbad

My eBucks calculator showed points for two streaming services but I only had Netflix so I queried it. The other “streaming service” was Mr D Food. Erm, ok.
Use your FNB Fusion Private Wealth card, FNB private Wealth Credit Card or FNB Private Wealth Cheque card, on one or more streaming and online platforms*.

1 streaming or online platform
2 streaming or online platforms
3 streaming or online platforms
4 or more streaming or online platforms

* Deezer, iTunes, Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, Showmax, SweepSouth, Audible, Google, Mr D Food, Uber, UberEats, Playstation, Xbox and Bolt. For annual subscriptions, you will only receive points for the month in which your card is used on the streaming platform.

Johnatan56

Those cards are just a status symbol, who cares :ROFLMAO: What if your salary goes into another account and you just split it into several accounts for whatever reason.
I was/am actually interested as private banker since might need to chat to a human with me going overseas, the premiere bank chat is pretty useless as you are usually going to wait hours for an idiot that will not be able to answer your question (e.g. ask for fee on SWIFT payment, get an answer about EFT and if pointed out they'll say message their forex@fnb.co.za who will say talk to the chat).

And by hours, I really mean hours, I asked at I think 3pm a few weeks ago, I got a reply from them at 07.30am about the next day.