eBucks

biometrics

Use your FNB Fusion Private Wealth card, FNB private Wealth Credit Card or FNB Private Wealth Cheque card, on one or more streaming and online platforms*.

1 streaming or online platform
2 streaming or online platforms
3 streaming or online platforms
4 or more streaming or online platforms

* Deezer, iTunes, Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, Showmax, SweepSouth, Audible, Google, Mr D Food, Uber, UberEats, Playstation, Xbox and Bolt. For annual subscriptions, you will only receive points for the month in which your card is used on the streaming platform.
Yeah I see it now. But it is certainly not a streaming service.

biometrics

I was/am actually interested as private banker since might need to chat to a human with me going overseas, the premiere bank chat is pretty useless as you are usually going to wait hours for an idiot that will not be able to answer your question (e.g. ask for fee on SWIFT payment, get an answer about EFT and if pointed out they'll say message their forex@fnb.co.za who will say talk to the chat).

And by hours, I really mean hours, I asked at I think 3pm a few weeks ago, I got a reply from them at 07.30am about the next day.
The online chat is manned by slow idiots, I agree. But I tried the private bankers, they are just data capturers with zero decision making powers. When the computers says “no” they can’t do anything and they can't even say why as they don’t know. The extra eBucks is not worth the extra cost and effort. Imo.

Due to trying, and failing, to convert to Fusion I got the email address of the person at my FNB. I just mail her now, so got my private banker for free.

biometrics

eBucks showing in the calculator.

Didn’t get the points for six app transactions though must have done 10 FNB Pay payments.
My Clicks purchases are mostly not reflecting.
My credit score should be dark green due to a savings account.

Damn, now it will be up to me to prove it. Should be RL5 but am RL4 due to their mistake and so eB7,000 short. Annoying.

biometrics

@Sinbad, our resident eBucks expert... they said using FNB Pay with the phone app doesn't count towards this, I don't see any exclusions. So I lost out on RL5. Cunts.

Do at least six payments, transfers and/or purchases per month via the FNB App.
Including Lotto, PowerBall, Prepaid purchases and Send Money transactions.

Sinbad

@Sinbad, our resident eBucks expert... they said using FNB Pay with the phone app doesn't count towards this, I don't see any exclusions. So I lost out on RL5. Cunts.

Do at least six payments, transfers and/or purchases per month via the FNB App.
Including Lotto, PowerBall, Prepaid purchases and Send Money transactions.
Tap and pay is not strictly using the app to transact. It is emv which counts as a card payment.

In future just pay your credit card in 5 or 6 small transfers

biometrics

Tap and pay is not strictly using the app to transact. It is emv which counts as a card payment.

In future just pay your credit card in 5 or 6 small transfers
That's what I used to do. Then I thought I'd start using the app to pay. Still think it's unfair, it is not excluded in the rules.

Sinbad

There are separate tier points for using fnb pay
f72ef3a9cc6c4cea2990e874116e2179.jpg

biometrics

Accidentally found a loophole on Takealot.

Normally when you pay with eBucks on Takealot you can't earn eBucks. I accidentally entered the wrong amount (that stupid 10:1 thing). Since the order wasn't fully paid I had the option to cancel the order. I then got the eBucks back as credit. I did it again and selected all the left over eBucks but the checkout wouldn't show the credit I had. So I cancelled again. This time around on checkout I was shown the credit and I could also enter my ID to earn eBucks. Trick here is to make sure you don't have enough for the whole order, in my case I would have paid R100 by credit card. Probably too much effort though.

biometrics

Finally got a Fusion account opened but they forced me to go to Private Client. The automated system for Premier to Fusion is broken.

Costs vs eBucks work out about the same so no real benefit other than being able to email a banker.

I remain on RL5 so that's good.

biometrics

Guess it can still change but currently the 30% Easter Clicks promo is not reflecting, still 15%. But got the sms so they mustn’t try that kak that they banked it later BS again.

Sinbad

Guess it can still change but currently the 30% Easter Clicks promo is not reflecting, still 15%. But got the sms so they mustn’t try that kak that they banked it later BS again.
They are working on fixing that