Does this forum tolerate racism?

TwoPunnyFourWords

Haha, well played. You might be a bit of a sanctimonious arsehole but I’m glad you’re here
Ah, but if I could call upon you to help me end in a convenient sanctimonious flourish by answering whether one of the things we have butted heads over in the past is whether Israel is to be criticised due to its status as an ethnostate? :D

Spizz

Ah, but if I could call upon you to help me end in a convenient sanctimonious flourish by answering whether one of the things we have butted heads over in the past is whether Israel is to be criticised due to its status as an ethnostate? :D

As an atheist, Israel should not exist. As a realist, it has to.

How that has me marked as an Israel fan I’ll never know.

Israel deserve vast swathes of criticism over many issues, not least the expansionist policies in the West Bank. But the who started it, chicken and egg, he said-she said arguments are as pointless now as they were all those years ago when we argued about the same things. The result is 100s of dead people since then and the Palestinians are still living in shit.

The reality is that Israel exists and they need security. It is right for some people, and wrong for many more. But that is immaterial because it is the reality and arguing over it doesn’t bring solutions.

I said it to you years ago and I say it again now. In the meantime, everyone is arguing over the history or ideology and nothing has changed. Nothing. And of course it won’t change until Israel backs down and risks annihilation, so why would they do that? Or the Palestinians hold their leadership to task and demand peace.

Or maybe you have a better idea?

TwoPunnyFourWords

As an atheist, Israel should not exist. As a realist, it has to.

How that has me marked as an Israel fan I’ll never know.

Israel deserve vast swathes of criticism over many issues, not least the expansionist policies in the West Bank. But the who started it, chicken and egg, he said-she said arguments are as pointless now as they were all those years ago when we argued about the same things. The result is 100s of dead people since then and the Palestinians are still living in shit.

The reality is that Israel exists and they need security. It is right for some people, and wrong for many more. But that is immaterial because it is the reality and arguing over it doesn’t bring solutions.

I said it to you years ago and I say it again now. In the meantime, everyone is arguing over the history or ideology and nothing has changed. Nothing. And of course it won’t change until Israel backs down and risks annihilation, so why would they do that? Or the Palestinians hold their leadership to task and demand peace.

Or maybe you have a better idea?
I'm not looking to bring up the Israel argument, except as a means to laugh at Paul who's accusing me of racism utterly without basis. You might have noticed him following me to this thread, and since you were accusing me not unfairly of sanctimony, I was hoping you could do me a convenient solid and be part of my sanctimony en passant. ;)

Spizz

I'm not looking to bring up the Israel argument, except as a means to laugh at Paul who's accusing me of racism utterly without basis. You might have noticed him following me to this thread, and since you were accusing me not unfairly of sanctimony, I was hoping you could do me a convenient solid and be part of my sanctimony en passant. ;)

Leave me out of it. I’ve got my own issues with my own weapons grade sanctimony.

TwoPunnyFourWords

Leave me out of it. I’ve got my own issues with my own weapons grade sanctimony.
Awww.

Well, he did attempt to accuse me of ignorance while presenting his own ignorance as knowledge to serve as justification for the conclusion, so worry not, I'll be fine on my own. ;)

Paul Hjul

Where did I accuse you of racism. I said racists cheering for you will feed your ego which is not the same thing and the fact that you don't understand the difference is quite telling.

TwoPunnyFourWords

Where did I accuse you of racism. I said racists cheering for you will feed your ego which is not the same thing and the fact that you don't understand the difference is quite telling.
Now why would a non-racist seek to have their ego stroked by racists in particular?

Paul Hjul

because they are an intellectually dishonest egoist?
because their ideological proposition is fundamentally misanthropic and their belief in their own individual superiority means that racism is an absurd reductionism of what is wrong with them?

there are many reasons why wanting to be a leader of racists is worse than being a racist.

TwoPunnyFourWords

because they are an intellectually dishonest egoist?
because their ideological proposition is fundamentally misanthropic and their belief in their own individual superiority means that racism is an absurd reductionism of what is wrong with them?

there are many reasons why wanting to be a leader of racists is worse than being a racist.
Oh, so wishing to have one's ego stroked by racists means wishing to be a leader of racists, but you did not in fact accuse me of being a racist.

Have I got that straight?

derp

It's not only racism, the misogyny on there is overwhelming. South African men are truly at the bottom of the barrel. And this spans all colours.

EADC

It's not only racism, the misogyny on there is overwhelming. South African men are truly at the bottom of the barrel. And this spans all colours.

That is a very good point, it's all to be seen as some macho man on the internet, it's quite sad sometimes

EmJay

One has to wonder. Can pejorative memes about a race, class of people, and/or gender, be considered misogynistic and/or racist?

TwoPunnyFourWords

One has to wonder. Can pejorative memes about a race, class of people, and/or gender, be considered misogynistic and/or racist?
It's the same-old same-old. Bullies figured out that they need to be "anti-bullies" in order to continue their bullying. The same goes for antiracism and antisexism.

So now if it's prejudiced against whites, it's not racist, but every other prejudice is. If it's prejudiced against cishet males, it's not sexists, but every other prejudice is (or "transphobia", sometimes).

EmJay

It's the same-old same-old. Bullies figured out that they need to be "anti-bullies" in order to continue their bullying. The same goes for antiracism and antisexism.

So now if it's prejudiced against whites, it's not racist, but every other prejudice is. If it's prejudiced against cishet males, it's not sexists, but every other prejudice is (or "transphobia", sometimes).

Clearly you know where I am going with this. It's amusing to watch how people lament on how other people have the very same traits they display time and time again. It's a running theme today.

TwoPunnyFourWords

Clearly you know where I am going with this. It's amusing to watch how people lament on how other people have the very same traits they display time and time again. It's a running theme today.
Well, it's bloody everywhere these days. On the down side, you can't escape it, on the upside, you have a constant reminder of how utterly stupid some people are.

EmJay

Well, it's bloody everywhere these days. On the down side, you can't escape it, on the upside, you have a constant reminder of how utterly stupid some people are.

I read that in Jordan Peterson's voice...

😄

How much JP have you been watching this week?!?!

TwoPunnyFourWords

It is interesting that people think the left are mistreated on MyBB, when almost all the banning/suspension/infractions have been of the far right.

In fact, many on the far right also complain that they are unfairly targeted (Gnarles is particularly aggrieved)

It is worth examining your own Overton window. It is natural that people consider their "own" side to be under closer mod supervision, because you notice your "own" side more than you monitor the "other" side.

You need to try to view the subject objectively. MyBB has a right slant, but in fact the majority of bannings/unexpected absences and people who leave are amongst the right wing. I can think of SoldierMan, DavidFreeman, CaptainOblivious et al, vs... Excalibur. Who else on the left has been temp or perma-banned, or left of their own accord?
Wow... it's almost like someone was... specifically targeting a group of posters to report them...

TwoPunnyFourWords

I read that in Jordan Peterson's voice...

😄

How much JP have you been watching this week?!?!
Just the Michael Malice video so far. Although I've been waiting for months now for the conversation he had with John Vervaeke to be released.

But JBP does do the upside/downside thing alot, come to think of it...