Does this forum tolerate racism?

TwoPunnyFourWords

Can't take people seriously when they use "far-right" so incorrectly.
I can't take people seriously when they simultaneously cry about people dehumanising others but have a moral framework that says its okay to arbitrarily deny personhood to humans because it would be burdensome to the mother to do otherwise.

EmJay

Oh, just to add to the hilarity of double standards. scudsucker lamented here how the "far-right " is getting banned, but then he tried to play little games on MyBB to get me to link here (which I know leads to bans or infractions). Can't make this shit up.

TwoPunnyFourWords

Oh, just to add to the hilarity of double standards. scudsucker lamented here how the "far-right " is getting banned, but then he tried to play little games on MyBB to get me to link here (which I know leads to bans or infractions). Can't make this shit up.
Well, when you are so pathetic that you can't fight your own battles, what else can you do? :sneaky:

The same way they magically develop this comprehension problem where they're unable to understand the thing they're reading and opining on while trying to claim that they have the necessary understanding to have an informed opinion on the topic... I mean, you asked a sucker to explain why documents that a court confirmed doesn't constitute evidence in his view... Of course he's going to spend the rest of his life trying to ban you. :giggle:

R

rambo919

Can't take people seriously when they use "far-right" so incorrectly.
You might have seen the thread I created on myBB a while ago asking people to properly define the words they use without conflating them into an amorphous mess..... I got a few trolls and only one person actually responded.... and got confused when I picked apart his/her definitions as not meaning what he/she thought they meant.

People just plain don't bother to THINK about the labels and slurs they throw around.

R

rambo919

I can't take people seriously when they simultaneously cry about people dehumanising others but have a moral framework that says its okay to arbitrarily deny personhood to humans because it would be burdensome to the mother to do otherwise.
Half the time it's actual subconcious gaslighting strategy, they accuse others of what they themselves are in such a way that when they do it.... then it appears justified until you point out their hypocrisy they counter with baseless accusations of whataboutism.

LD50

In modern social interactions and specifically the digital space we occupy accusations of racism in many cases are being over exaggerated imho.
We need to understand intent and context with each case on merit.
We need to understand that there ARE indeed differences between groups of people and we comment on those differences, we sometimes joke about those differences.
The key is that you must be able to take it on the chin as well when the favour is returned.

LD50

The pic above is a very good example of the point I made above.
Does this guy's action portray racism?

scudsucker

I reported this yesterday; still there.

View attachment 27261
As much as that is pretty blatant racism, it is on another forum. I don't think it is good to have cross-forum criticism, because that invites forum wars, and MyBB is bigger and more right-wing.

There have been forays of the MyBB right wing here (see above, posts 361-365) thankfully they did not feel welcome.

What's an Executive Member?
You just need to have been there for a while and made a few posts. I think you got as far as Honorary Member. I am an Executive Member, but I have no idea of the criteria - you were there for longer than I have and you have a shit-ton more posts.

LD50

As much as that is pretty blatant racism, it is on another forum. I don't think it is good to have cross-forum criticism, because that invites forum wars, and MyBB is bigger and more right-wing.

There have been forays of the MyBB right wing here (see above, posts 361-365) thankfully they did not feel welcome.

You just need to have been there for a while and made a few posts. I think you got as far as Honorary Member. I am an Executive Member, but I have no idea of the criteria - you were there for longer than I have and you have a shit-ton more posts.
You sure you know how to identify racism in context?

LD50

I can have an opinion, like anyone. Why do you ask?
It's a fairly well known fact that law an order (and quality police men) back in the old regime were of a much higher standard than the shit show you have today. Did you know that Scotland Yard used to send some of their members to the SAPS for some of their training?

LD50

It's a fairly well known fact that law an order (and quality police men) back in the old regime were of a much higher standard than the shit show you have today. Did you know that Scotland Yard used to send some of their members to the SAPS for some of their training?
I know, it doesn't really answer your question. Just know that sometimes when ppl refer back to the "old days", it doesn't necessarily have a racist connotation. Sometimes, it only points out the obvious.