Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

Textile Guy

Sort of - it is a little more sophisticated in that the processing unit also operates on loud music and decent tobacco but generally the same effect is achieved. To tell you truth, it is quite an impressive plant when in full swing.

Shoo, its amazing how hi tech these things have become .... shitty job, but some poor bastard has to do it .....

Tribs

So anybody know when they will update us on possible drop of Level and new regulations or restrictions lifted?

Seems like they have gone all quiet now since announcing we will drop to Level 4 with no further plan or updates in sight.

The infection and death numbers have not exactly increased exponentially in the last week, yet the economy and especially SME's keep collapsing exponentially.
Two weeks incubation. Won't spike until 2 weeks from now.

Tribs

We made use of the 35% reduction in the PAYE amount. Advertising is down so our clients are suffering. Hopefully some radio stations don't close because of this.

biometrics

Taxi driver who continued working after positive test faces attempted murder charges
A taxi driver who allegedly knew he tested positive for Covid-19 but did not tell his passengers and kept on driving, is to be formally charged with attempted murder.

The office of Western Cape police commissioner Lieutenant General Yolisa Matakata said on Friday that the taxi driver had been caught in Beaufort West.

X3rP3Nt

I see that Alan Winde says in his media report that the reason they believe the Western Cape is much higher than other provinces is because the other provinces are simply under reporting and testing. Doesn't look like he has much faith in the other province's figures. And I don't blame him.

satanboy

I see that Alan Winde says in his media report that the reason they believe the Western Cape is much higher than other provinces is because the other provinces are simply under reporting and testing. Doesn't look like he has much faith in the other province's figures. And I don't blame him.
Typical DA blaming the ANC BS. I wish politicians would leave the politics out of it.