Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

R

[)roi(]

Leftist politics are working overtime destroying the economy, jobs and investment.
There never was a rational basis for this; as no shebeen ever stopped selling booze or cigarettes -- this will go down as being as stupid as prohibition was in the America.

bigAl-sa

Still doesn't make sense, active cases fall while new confirmed cases (and deaths) are still steeply climbing.
One would expect the recoveries to be getting closer to new cases but they seem to be staying the same distance apart.

BTW, deaths are pretty constant at the mo, wobbling around 4 per million per day

Tribs

I suppose people can die relatively quickly but it may take months for people to feel well again. So they may not consider themselves recovered.

bigAl-sa

I suppose people can die relatively quickly but it may take months for people to feel well again. So they may not consider themselves recovered.
I'm sure the statistical measure is tickling your brain lobe, through your nose, with an earbud, then testing it for the lurgy. They don't really care how you feel :D

Tribs

I'm sure the statistical measure is tickling your brain lobe, through your nose, with an earbud, then testing it for the lurgy. They don't really care how you feel :D
luckily never had that done to me.

But I suppose they are less in a hurry to recheck people who were positive - they just tell them to wait the 14 days out. And then either forget about them or assume they are fine

satanboy

People don't go back once they are better (and why should one?). So I can't see how they can keep that stat up to date and correct.

satanboy

Local doctors have been using dexamethasone to treat critically ill COVID-19 patients for almost two months now.

bigAl-sa

Local doctors have been using dexamethasone to treat critically ill COVID-19 patients for almost two months now.
It doesn't seem to be having too much effect on their overall daily death rates.