Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

satanboy

1918 was the year of Spanish flu pandemic. South Africa was one of top 5 countries severely affected by this influenza that succumbed lives of some 300,000 people. The wave(second wave) started from Cape Town and spread inland.

R

[)roi(]

And GP down by 150k. Data is dodge.
Infection statistics are hogwash in general and not just SA -- because it doesn't track the virus; instead it tracks the availability / speed of testing, etc. Hence its a pointless statistic; that only drives panic.

Papa Smurf

I can forgo my daily brewery visit for level 2, but I want to go to a restaurant and have a beer and relax before eating.
making beer from scratch is hard work and i should of started earlier on so by the looks of things im gonna run out of Coopers before my grain beers are ready.
and that why i wouldn't mind bottle stores opening next week so that i can go buy black labels
im not a restaurant person as im single so that doesn't bother me either
what will be good is opening the borders as our work relies on people from overseas coming here to us

satanboy

I would love to go to one of my favourite restaurants and enjoy a meal and a glass of wine.
I hope the liquor stores can open soon so that I can empty their shelves (whiskey) and empty my wallet.

Nicholas

I'm looking forward to doing my own shopping and going out for tea or coffee again some day. I'm not holding my breath.