Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

bigAl-sa

Oh my hat, my family are a bunch of retards.

My sister picked up my mother and aunt (both well over their 70's) and took them out to a wine farm for coffee and crap. My aunt also has severe lung problems. What a bunch of idiots.

My mom asked me when we are coming to visit, so I told her when the regulations allow for it. Jesus fucking christ.
My wife's aunt (91) was diagnosed with the disease and has now completed her quarantine - no temp increase, no coughs, no sore throat.

I am now really doubting the validity of any numbers that the govt pushes out.

biometrics

My wife's aunt (91) was diagnosed with the disease and has now completed her quarantine - no temp increase, no coughs, no sore throat.

I am now really doubting the validity of any numbers that the govt pushes out.
She's part of the 58% recoveries. We know many people get it mildly. But others do get seriously ill and/or die. At her age statistically she was at high risk, but it's not a given. Personally due to several comorbidities I am trying my best not to get sick. I may get it mildly like she did, or I may not. We just don't know. But I am not prepared to chance it.

satanboy

She's part of the 58% recoveries. We know many people get it mildly. But others do get seriously ill and/or die. At her age statistically she was at high risk, but it's not a given. Personally due to several comorbidities I am trying my best not to get sick. I may get it mildly like she did, or I may not. We just don't know. But I am not prepared to chance it.

Exactly. Why tempt fate? It is moronic.

Mortymoose

I think I has it the past week, but after all the years of waking up with a moerofa babalaas it feels like fokol, so COronabitch take a backseat to the mother of feeling shit, Jagermeister and jameson! You slut!

sand_man

I know over 15 people who've got it or had it. 0 fatalities and all were mild barring one. A 40 year old female currently in ICU on a ventilator. There's always the possibility that you going to be the one that gets totally fucked up by the Rona and that's why complacency isn't an option.

I have heard of one case (from a super reliable source) also of a 40 plus year old female, over weight, heart condition (had a massive heart attack less than a year ago), hypertensive, asthmatic who currently has it but mild to no symptoms! A patient, who based on her medical history, should probably be dead! But is not...

Sinbad

Those numbers differ from the NICD numbers?
#COVID19 UPDATE: A total of 28 433 #COVID19 tests were conducted in the last 24 hours. Regrettably, we report 298 more #COVID19 related deaths, bringing the total number of deaths to 7067. The number of recoveries is 274 925 (61% recovery rate)
#COVID19 UPDATE In the last 24 hours, there has been a total of 7 120 new cases which takes the overall number of cases to 452 529. Click the link to view the full report

bigAl-sa

Those numbers differ from the NICD numbers?
#COVID19 UPDATE: A total of 28 433 #COVID19 tests were conducted in the last 24 hours. Regrettably, we report 298 more #COVID19 related deaths, bringing the total number of deaths to 7067. The number of recoveries is 274 925 (61% recovery rate)
#COVID19 UPDATE In the last 24 hours, there has been a total of 7 120 new cases which takes the overall number of cases to 452 529. Click the link to view the full report
It's the previous day's numbers.

Spizz

Can't drink .. what the fuck do you call it?

Actually, you make me wonder what they do in Saudi wrt these kind of hand sanitisers? They don’t just prohibit alcohol in drinks, it’s prohibited in all products. When I was there even after shave balm was advertised and sold as alcohol free.

biometrics

Actually, you make me wonder what they do in Saudi wrt these kind of hand sanitisers? They don’t just prohibit alcohol in drinks, it’s prohibited in all products. When I was there even after shave balm was advertised and sold as alcohol free.
Curious. And all you need is sugar and bread yeast.

satanboy

1596098287560.png

Heroes of Groote Schuur

“We have been much much busier since Covid hit. It’s a lot more work. The guys are all under pressure. I even moved into the hostel next to the hospital so I could be available all the time, overnight etc. I would rather be here and keep my family at home safe, so I go home and see them on the weekends.
With Covid we have to speedily change the wards – first of all we inspect and see what plumbing and building needs to be done such as painting, dry walling between beds to create shields, rails installed for curtains to create privacy.
Carpets have to be pulled out because the virus can live in the carpets so we install vinyl rather which is easier to clean.
Taps have to be changed from normal taps to elbow action for the virus.
All the air conditioning had to be reconstructed from inflow to outflow – so that was a big deal.
And then we still have to deal with our daily challenges such as blockages, pinholes in pipings, and theft of pipes is an ongoing issue.
We’re a team of three plumbers and three admins. We used to have 8 students helping us but they got sent home due to Covid.” – Martin Ronne, Head of Plumbing and Acting Chief of Building

bigAl-sa

View attachment 5149

Heroes of Groote Schuur

“We have been much much busier since Covid hit. It’s a lot more work. The guys are all under pressure. I even moved into the hostel next to the hospital so I could be available all the time, overnight etc. I would rather be here and keep my family at home safe, so I go home and see them on the weekends.
With Covid we have to speedily change the wards – first of all we inspect and see what plumbing and building needs to be done such as painting, dry walling between beds to create shields, rails installed for curtains to create privacy.
Carpets have to be pulled out because the virus can live in the carpets so we install vinyl rather which is easier to clean.
Taps have to be changed from normal taps to elbow action for the virus.
All the air conditioning had to be reconstructed from inflow to outflow – so that was a big deal.
And then we still have to deal with our daily challenges such as blockages, pinholes in pipings, and theft of pipes is an ongoing issue.
We’re a team of three plumbers and three admins. We used to have 8 students helping us but they got sent home due to Covid.” – Martin Ronne, Head of Plumbing and Acting Chief of Building
The people that actually keep the wheels turning!