Coronavirus around the world thread

bigAl-sa

Portugal is seriously in the kak.

2v2HCMWLmxAsZog.png

img]

Dave

I’ve had a cough for a couple of weeks (remember I said I had a heavy cold about three weeks ago), I mentioned it to the doctor today and they sent me for one saying they can’t be too careful.

None of the other Covid symptoms so probably a waste of time, but it costs nothing (other than the discomfort of almost vomiting the way the swab has to be pushed to the back of the throat).

Spizz

I’ve had a cough for a couple of weeks (remember I said I had a heavy cold about three weeks ago), I mentioned it to the doctor today and they sent me for one saying they can’t be too careful.

None of the other Covid symptoms so probably a waste of time, but it costs nothing (other than the discomfort of almost vomiting the way the swab has to be pushed to the back of the throat).

Did they shove it up a nostril?

Dave

Yesss. Had the same thing last year when I was in quarantine. Pretty awful but it’s over quick enough

I thought I was going to bring up bile or vomit on it (it was very close to a mouthful of vomit :sick:) when it was at the back of the throat, which would likely fuck up the result.

Dave

They say the NHS is overloaded with Covid, I went into a test centre which was about half the size of a football field, probably 20 or 30 bays for test to be carried out and I was the only person there other than the staff.

They also had test appointments every 30 minutes from around an hour later than the time I was making the appointment all the way through to 8pm tonight.

Dave

Another vaccine completes trials, and will immediately go before the UK Regulator for approval.

UK has bought 60 million doses of it.

Dave

At a rough count I think that means the UK has now purchased somewhere around 420 million doses of vaccine.

For an adult population of around 50 million iirc.