We love cats!

biometrics

Kitty started to sneeze yesterday and got worse today. Went to after hours vet in Table View. We knew he was very fat but it was confirmed it's just fat and not some other issue. Neck rash/scabs (didn't mention this before) was confirmed to be a flea reaction from the rescue where they had flea problems. The cortisone injection he got for the flea rash/scabs should work by next week. Sneezing is either snuffels or herpes which was dormant and brought out by the stress (he has never been out of his cage) of the move. He's on medication for the next week and they expect 100% recovery. He'll get a vacine for this condition in two weeks time when the cortisone weans off. Due to the cortisone administered by the rescue vet they couldn't give him steriods for the skin irritation and had to adminster another drug that is compatible, super expensive. His move isolation has been increased from one to two weeks though so he can properly heal and not to infect my other cats. Was hoping for an easy adoption but alas, this is how it goes.

He's 4.3kg and vet said he should be 2.8kg. CHONKER!

satanboy

1684247759098.png1684247818091.png
Room 8 was a neighborhood cat who wandered into a classroom in 1952 at Elysian Heights Elementary School in Echo Park, California. He lived in the school during the school year and then disappeared for the summer, returning when classes started again. This pattern continued without interruption until the mid-1960s.

News cameras would arrive at the school at the beginning of the year waiting for the cat's return; he became famous and would receive up to 100 letters a day addressed to him at the school. Eventually, he was featured in a documentary called Big Cat, Little Cat and a children's book, A Cat Called Room 8. Look magazine ran a three-page Room 8 feature by photographer Richard Hewett in November 1962, titled "Room 8: The School Cat". Leo Kottke wrote an instrumental called "Room 8" that was included in his 1971 album, Mudlark.

As he got older, Room 8 was injured in a cat fight and suffered from feline pneumonia, so a family near the school volunteered to take him in. The school's janitor would find him at the end of the school day and carry him across the street.

His obituary in the Los Angeles Times rivaled that of major political figures, running three columns with a photograph. The cat was so famous that his obituary ran in papers as far away as Hartford, Connecticut. The students raised the funds for his gravestone. He is buried at the Los Angeles Pet Memorial Park in Calabasas, California.

scudsucker

I have a cat named Blu who is visiting. He lives down the road but he likes the peace and quiet of a cardboard box in my garage partially filled with crumpled newspaper, a left-over from a house move.

He does not appreciate my 2 ton loud diesel bakkie arriving in the garage and disturbing his sleep, but he is willing to forgive me.

He makes me miss my cat, St. George, who was a complete arsehole and never forgave or forgot, but I did love that cat. RIP, you dickhead. 5 years now. I still cry.

satanboy

1689262673713.png
WHISKAS® Cat Milk is specially made with reduced lactose so that it is good for cats. Unlike regular milk, this cat milk has been specially developed by top nutritionists and veterinarians to contain less than 0.2% lactose.Cats love the delicious taste of WHISKAS® Cat Milk and because it contains calcium and vitamins, every lap is full of goodness. This 3 x 200ml bottles pack is perfect for your kitten and adult cat and is free from any artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.

Complementary pet food for cats and kittens over 6 weeks old.

Whiskas