Threadkiller

biometrics

Some cheap tripod/dslr shots I took a while back:
The streaks being satellites? That's kinda cool already. But obviously I'd like to see planets and galaxies. Happy to go through the stacking and processing process to get that result. But seems an 8" is a good place to start. Sigh, R40k though. And even then it's not great fidelity.

dabean

The streaks being satellites? That's kinda cool already. But obviously I'd like to see planets and galaxies. Happy to go through the stacking and processing process to get that result. But seems an 8" is a good place to start. Sigh, R40k though. And even then it's not great fidelity.
Yes, those weren't stacked just single 10s exposure or so (no tracking).

I'd rather just use my eyes (I see more meteors like that) while I wait for the James Webb Space Telescope to go online.

Spizz

Really not trying to be funny, but was Eddie van Halen really a legend? Not my type of music, but I can only think of one song.

Sinbad

Really not trying to be funny, but was Eddie van Halen really a legend? Not my type of music, but I can only think of one song.
As of March 2019, Van Halen is 20th on the RIAA list of best-selling artists in the United States; the band has sold 56 million albums in the States[13][14] and more than 80 million worldwide, making them one of the best-selling groups of all time.[15][16][17] As of 2007, Van Halen was one of only five rock bands with two studio albums that sold more than 10 million copies in the United States[18] and is also tied for the most multi-platinum albums by an American band. Additionally, Van Halen has charted 13 number-one hits on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart. VH1 ranked the band seventh on a list of the top 100 hard rock artists of all time.[19]

Sinbad

Heh.

The band's demands were not limited to technical issues; their now-infamous riders specified that a bowl of M&M's was to be placed in their dressing room and, separately in a different area of the contract, that all of the brown M&M's were to be removed.[122] According to Roth, this was listed in the technical portion of the contract not because the band wanted to make capricious demands of the venue, but rather as a test of whether or not the contract had actually been thoroughly read and honored, as it contained other requirements involving legitimate safety concerns.[123] If the bowl was present, then the band members could safely assume the other, legitimate, items in the technical rider were being fulfilled to their satisfaction. Conversely, if the bowl was missing, or brown M&M's were present, then the band members would be within their rights to have the venue inspect the work, ask that it be redone, etc.

Spizz

As of March 2019, Van Halen is 20th on the RIAA list of best-selling artists in the United States; the band has sold 56 million albums in the States[13][14] and more than 80 million worldwide, making them one of the best-selling groups of all time.[15][16][17] As of 2007, Van Halen was one of only five rock bands with two studio albums that sold more than 10 million copies in the United States[18] and is also tied for the most multi-platinum albums by an American band. Additionally, Van Halen has charted 13 number-one hits on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart. VH1 ranked the band seventh on a list of the top 100 hard rock artists of all time.[19]

Fair enough, I guess it's a Yank thing and they seem to love that kind of MTV rock. I guess they never really entered my life but then again I have a serious aversion to spandex and bubble perms :p

bigAl-sa

Fair enough, I guess it's a Yank thing and they seem to love that kind of MTV rock. I guess they never really entered my life but then again I have a serious aversion to spandex and bubble perms :p
Spandex and bubble perms 🤣