Threadkiller

biometrics

@biometrics
Weren't you going to get stargazing equipment?
At some point yes. But I have learned that you don’t just want a telescope. You want a scope with a tracking mount, digital camera, computer and software. Reason is just looking through the telescope is disappointing. You want to be able to take thousands of automated photos over hours and then use stacking software to combine them. Then you get stunning results. So a bit of an investment, probably R50k, can’t recall. Right now my priority is buying an apartment and sorting out the electricity. So that hobby can wait another year. The universe ain’t going anywhere… ;)

example: https://thegrotto.co.za/threads/amazing-pictures-thread.110/post-98758

Tribs

Yes in Mnandi, to think that growing up most of us started driving at 13 or 14 and the only rule from my mother was that we had to stay on the dirt roads. Would be totally impossible now.
Yep - but then there was nothing around here. When I moved to Centurion - my area stopped not far from my house. Now it extends all the way to Olivenhoutbosch and Midrand

Düber

Yep - but then there was nothing around here. When I moved to Centurion - my area stopped not far from my house. Now it extends all the way to Olivenhoutbosch and Midrand
Rooihuiskraal and the Reeds have truly exploded out, I remember one of my friends family were building their new house almost in the middle of the veld, only surrounded by a few new roads.
The morning traffic there is also chaos, do you perhaps know why the new on-ramp at the substation hasn't been completed?

Tribs

No I don't know why and it is really stupid that they don't have one on the other side. They could make one - there is enough for a single lane. It would lessen the load

Düber

No I don't know why and it is really stupid that they don't have one on the other side. They could make one - there is enough for a single lane. It would lessen the load
It is puzzling.

biometrics

Mmm forum is getting a bit quiet for my taste. Time to plan a marketing campaign. Knowing how Xenforo works I'll start making a new email address daily for the rest of November and do the campaign over a week in December. I have at least four sims and a vpn I will use to get new IPs. :devilish: Around 200 invites should do the trick.

satanboy

Mmm forum is getting a bit quiet for my taste. Time to plan a marketing campaign. Knowing how Xenforo works I'll start making a new email address daily for the rest of November and do the campaign over a week in December. I have at least four sims and a vpn I will use to get new IPs. :devilish: Around 200 invites should do the trick.
Posted the link on my FB page.

biometrics

Get people from Gamers SA. There is more than just one forum
Spent 17 years on mybb so that's the people I know. Never really spend time on other forums so will be a bit weird to send messages to randoms. You are welcome to invite people you know though.

Arzy

People generally just seem forumed out, anything more than 140ish characters hurts their heads.