Threadkiller

Düber

Who says life isn't fun.
About 20 minutes ago I'm busy booking some flights online, page after page of things and I'm nearly finished when the power goes out. Now the batteries on my UPS are not so good anymore so they don't last very long. Got the torch, grabbed the keys released myself from our prison off to start the generator before the computer dies.
So I'm rushing along in the darkness, the boerbul thinks it's awesome that someone is up and out so late and wants to play, so fending off the dog I open the garden gate rush through and my eye just catches a snake moving next to my one foot and just underneath where my other foot is going to land. I don't know how I did it but I managed a one foot pogo to the side and just missed it.

The worst part was that I had just started the gen when the power came back on and got back to a timed out page. FFS.

biometrics

Who says life isn't fun.
About 20 minutes ago I'm busy booking some flights online, page after page of things and I'm nearly finished when the power goes out. Now the batteries on my UPS are not so good anymore so they don't last very long. Got the torch, grabbed the keys released myself from our prison off to start the generator before the computer dies.
So I'm rushing along in the darkness, the boerbul thinks it's awesome that someone is up and out so late and wants to play, so fending off the dog I open the garden gate rush through and my eye just catches a snake moving next to my one foot and just underneath where my other foot is going to land. I don't know how I did it but I managed a one foot pogo to the side and just missed it.

The worst part was that I had just started the gen when the power came back on and got back to a timed out page. FFS.
Where are you (probably asked this before)?

Düber

Are the suburbs encroaching?
Yes and way too fast for my liking.
Just the traffic increase alone is a problem, we have a situation where the little country roads just can't stand up to the number of cars. Accidents from being extremely rare are now a daily occurrence.

biometrics

Sitting here at peace in the courtyard having some beers and a sniffer seats at the next table. For gods sake blow your nose or I will make you blow it.

Tribs

Yes and way too fast for my liking.
Just the traffic increase alone is a problem, we have a situation where the little country roads just can't stand up to the number of cars. Accidents from being extremely rare are now a daily occurrence.
If you are in Mnandi, Monavoni or Rasslouw - I really feel for you. Traffic is terrible that side

Düber

If you are in Mnandi, Monavoni or Rasslouw - I really feel for you. Traffic is terrible that side
Yes in Mnandi, to think that growing up most of us started driving at 13 or 14 and the only rule from my mother was that we had to stay on the dirt roads. Would be totally impossible now.

biometrics

@Spizz Lizette from Lizette's Kitchen got married yesterday to David Austin who runs/pilots a tourist plane ride sightseeing business here.

Last edited: