Threadkiller

Venomous

I don't get the x weeks clean of alcohol thing.

My wife and I enjoy our drink and I can get properly pissed when the opportunity arises.

Generally though we only occasionally drink, most of the time it's 2-3 weeks between opportunities.
Here it's rarely (almost never) that there is a week inbetween. Seldom monthly. More often than not there are 2-3months between :ROFLMAO:
We have all kinds of stuff mostly given as gifts.
(we spend less on our own booze than others do :ROFLMAO:)

LoL,
The wine alone is near 30 bottles, then a variety of liqueurs, whiskey etc.

But sadly for other people saying no to alcohol is a challenge.
So when someone does like SB's doing then it's actually a job well done. 🤗

satanboy

I don't get the x weeks clean of alcohol thing.

My wife and I enjoy our drink and I can get properly pissed when the opportunity arises.

Generally though we only occasionally drink, most of the time it's 2-3 weeks between opportunities.
What don't you get? I said I was going to take a break, and now I am counting the weeks. If you find it annoying or offensive then say so.

Arzy

What don't you get? I said I was going to take a break, and now I am counting the weeks. If you find it annoying or offensive then say so.

Not annoying or offense and well done!

Just don't personally get it as I've never been in a situation where I had to make a choice not to drink. Normally it's deciding that I will be having a drink on a specific day.

satanboy

Not annoying or offense and well done!

Just don't personally get it as I've never been in a situation where I had to make a choice not to drink. Normally it's deciding that I will be having a drink on a specific day.
Ok, I thought I was an alcoholic or something close....so it is quite an achievement for me.

I took a one-month break a few years back and had withdrawal symptoms.

Venomous

Not the mood thread... I know.

Mood down about 1 million %.

Thanks to mother reminding me of some of my worst/least proud moments in life. (using 1 sentence)

That killed the convo. Not even gonna bother taking her on for doing it.
Was in text chat.

She said yada yada yada,
(straight away next message)
Sorry

And then she wonders why she gets blue ticked for months at a time.....

I guess no matter how hard she tries... Old habits die hard, despite drastically reducing over the years.
More like the odd sudden flare up.
(I suspect it's when she's super stressed. But it's not my fault, nor doing, so fuck that shit)

She can count herself lucky if I answer her call on my bday in Aug. Not going to at this stage.

The most probable reason why she's stressed? One brother might have Covid19. He's waiting for test results, will get results by wed latest.