Threadkiller

biometrics

Had to get petrol for the first time in four months. The staff live in Zwe where the infection rate is skyrocketing (up 50% past week). So I figured I'd pay with cash I had left. Will give instructions through a closed window, open the window a few mm to pay and have a mask on. Sorted, right?

So when it came to pay my housemate had to remind me to put the mask on, I accidentally pressed the auto down function so window went down a third and the notes curled around.

Didn't go according the plan. Meh.

I assume their temperature gets checked and he did have a mask on. Sigh.

Dave

Had to get petrol for the first time in four months. The staff live in Zwe where the infection rate is skyrocketing (up 50% past week). So I figured I'd pay with cash I had left. Will give instructions through a closed window, open the window a few mm to pay and have a mask on. Sorted, right?

So when it came to pay my housemate had to remind me to put the mask on, I accidentally pressed the auto down function so window went down a third and the notes curled around.

Didn't go according the plan. Meh.

Lot easier to use the Pay at Pump self service pumps here. No one comes anywhere near the car.

BloodrayneZA

Not always the case of temperature being high. You can have a wide range of symptoms - one deaf couple spoke about this in a sign language video where he was so cold despite putting on a jersey and using a blanket to try and keep warm. He was tested positive for Covid-19, luckily the rest of his family wasn't infected but they'd be carriers of it.

Dave

Here in Selby, you have to walk into the shop and pay by card machine after you tell the cashier which pump you used.

Lots up here like that as well, but the Sainsbury's, Tesco, Morrison's and Asda petrol stations have pay at pump (card goes into the petrol pump) and Shell has pay in app.

Petrol.jpg

biometrics

First death of someone I knew quite well.
I think it's finally hitting home.
And to hear how they now have to do the funeral..... So sad
Age? Health issues?

Personally I think saying someone had comorbidities is a bit of a cop out, it's almost like saying it's their fault, they deserved it. But it's the usual comment.

I have several comorbidities btw.

biometrics

Not always the case of temperature being high. You can have a wide range of symptoms - one deaf couple spoke about this in a sign language video where he was so cold despite putting on a jersey and using a blanket to try and keep warm. He was tested positive for Covid-19, luckily the rest of his family wasn't infected but they'd be carriers of it.
Sure, but it helps remove some sick people from infecting others. Not perfect but it helps.

emam

Age? Health issues?

Personally I think saying someone had comorbidities is a bit of a cop out, it's almost like saying it's their fault, they deserved it. But it's the usual comment.

I have several comorbidities btw.
Late 50's.
Overweight and diabetes that I know of.... I'm sure other issues too.

Sad thing is that her younger brother, mid 40's dropped dead from a heart attack 5 months ago and her very elderly mom is lying in ICU right now fighting the virus too.

Poor family