The totally cool no stress US election thread

R

[)roi(]

I think we made progress today.
...debate is always helpful when insults or cancel culture is left out of the equation.
Whilst I may not agree with what you say; I will defend to death your right to say it.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
"The Friends of Voltaire"; Evelyn Beatrice Hall in 1906

Last edited by a moderator:

satanboy

Why was a cop kneeling on him... because he resisted arrest. If he never arrested, then that would have never happened. Watch the videos; the officers were very respectful up to the point that he started fighting + he was complaining of not being able to breath from the get go, long before he attacked them. That's a symptom of fentanyl overdose.
or asthma or a thousand other things

R

[)roi(]

Yeah but it didn't work out for Joe, Susan and Frank who did the same. See where I'm going with this?
If you think cops get it right all the time then you're a gullible guy.
What I can say is this, America is blowing this police brutality against black folk thing completely out of proportion
You're leaping to huge conclusions re gullible, and yes I agree the whole police brutality "thing is completely out of proportion" -- that's a good sign its political.

Everyone is entitled to presumption of innocence, a defense, and their guilt is determined no different to anyone else by a jury of their peers.
Doesn't change the fact that people who do not resist arrest have better outcomes.

Last edited by a moderator:

satanboy

...debate is always helpful when insults or cancel culture is left out of the equation.
Whilst I may not agree with what you say; I will defend to death your right to say it.
I think that is a lie. Why would you defend a person you have never met or seen to the death? That is just a thing people say to sound important/empathetic etc.

Dave

Why was a cop kneeling on him... because he resisted arrest.

I've arrested hundreds (maybe even thousands of people) in the past, many of them resisted, I can remember one where we actually began to fear for our lives the resistance was so violent, strangely enough I didn't kill any of them for resisting, I most certainly didn't kneel on their necks for 8 or 9 minutes.

LD50

Doesn't change the fact that people who do not resist arrest have better outcomes.
No no no. You said people who don't resist don't get shot. Now you're talking no resistance - better chances.
Who's that young black fellow who ran away and got shot dead in the back by the police? Moerse resistance.

biometrics

I've arrested hundreds (maybe even thousands of people) in the past, many of them resisted, I can remember one where we actually began to fear for our lives the resistance was so violent, strangely enough I didn't kill any of them for resisting, I most certainly didn't kneel on their necks for 8 or 9 minutes.
Fyi Droid, Dave was a cop during apartheid, so I'm sure he saw lots of bad shit.

R

[)roi(]

No no no. You said people who don't resist don't get shot. Now you're talking no resistance - better chances.
Who's that young black fellow who ran away and got shot dead in the back by the police? Moerse resistance.
Whew... "comme ci comme ça" those who do not resist don't get shot; but accidents do happen, and you can't discount a bad cop.

biometrics

Happens so often almost forgot about that:

R

[)roi(]

That's how liberty works... i.e. being a fervent supporter of free speech; means I support all speech, even the stuff I don't like.
Why is a good question... because words you don't like are significantly better than bullets that kill.
Hence with true free speech; there is no concept of hate speech, only speech we don't like. The same can't be said about bullets.

A war of words is always preferred to an actual war.