The Chat Room

Nicholas

My office mate is being trained to use our private sector software. Wonder what I am going to do once public sector shuts down. Tenders have been my life for at leat the last 10 years.

satanboy

1715246538197.png
#Crash on Sable Service Rd Outbound after Ramp from Sable Rd. Left lane closed. Expect Delays.

Rouxenator

View attachment 40588
Train derailment
Hammarsdale to Cato Ridge
Immediate cause of the accident is improper communication between the TFR TCO & TFR Signal Technician.

Train 6202 intended route was to proceed on number one line but it ended up on number two lline.

Train 1076 intended route was to proceed on number two line.

Both trains were in motion when the incident happened.

:unsure:

biometrics

Time to get a new gas heater. Replaced the regulator and still just a pilot light, so the top on/off mechanism is fucked and there are no spares. Need to replace. Disposable society.

My first 9kg gas heater I got mid 90's from Boardmans. Lasted 20 years. This Cadac I got in 2018 and it only lasted 5 years.

And what the fuck is it with the gas bottle having to hang over the bottom edge, my old heater had a normal size platform for the gas bottle, now you get this trick platform with a bracket to keep it in. Even a small child can knock it over.

Last edited:

satanboy

And what the fuck is it with the gas bottle having to hang over the bottom edge, my old heater had a normal size platform for the gas bottle, now you get this trick platform with a bracket to keep it in. Even a small child can knock it over.
Same story with the Weber gas braai. Huge cupboard underneath but you have to hang it on the outside (strapped).

Nicholas

is the route patrolled?
That's a fair bit quicker than what I can manage. (y)

We took Mum out for lunch yesterday. I liked our waiter. It isn't often that we are asked what our names are. :)
Grazia is as close as East London gets to having a restaurant.

Baxteen

nah that type of shit has been around for ever. for every good movie there are 1000 terrible ones.

we are jsut more connected to the world so we know and see more.
there isn't more bad music, you just know of more.
there isn't more bad movies, you just hear about more of them.
fashion is not any more absurd than it has ever been, you just have more exposure to it.

never forget our connection to the world and how it has increased over the past 15 odd years, and how that impacts your view on what is out there.