The Chat Room

Nicholas

How nifty is this - Wootware has updated their PC builder.
Screenshot from 2024-04-02 22-14-37.png

scudsucker

FACEBRICK house
It's fucking ugly, I would plaster and paint.

In fact my ex inlaws did precisely that.

We in Cape Town, well, in the South, have certain aesthetic values which are not shared up country.

* and when I say "South" I mean anything South of the Liesbeck River

Nicholas

I have noticed that i enjoy greater mental clarity and less drowsiness just before becoming ill. This was true yesterday. I wonder whether I am coming down with something?

satanboy

It's fucking ugly, I would plaster and paint.

In fact my ex inlaws did precisely that.

We in Cape Town, well, in the South, have certain aesthetic values which are not shared up country.

* and when I say "South" I mean anything South of the Liesbeck River
Yeah, but it saves money.

It can look nice.
1712131288779.png

scudsucker

There we
/Wonders whether there might be any objections to painting my house black or grey if I had a house.
There were a couple of goths in Observatory, Cape Town who painted their house (and roof) black.

I found it amusing. They sold a few years ago, and it is back to boring beige.

Johnatan56

How nifty is this - Wootware has updated their PC builder.
View attachment 40247
That liquid cooler recommendation for the default R20k is odd.

5600X - 65W CPU definitely doesn't need it, basically liquid cooling is never needed unless really top of the line and you're overclocking, it's near always better to go air cooled (argument can be made due to noise, but rather just get e.g. Thermalright Peerless assassin, 37 EUR / cheaper than that liquid cooler, though unsure stock South Africa).

The quick filtering and stuff to swap out parts is great though.

Nicholas

That liquid cooler recommendation for the default R20k is odd.

5600X - 65W CPU definitely doesn't need it, basically liquid cooling is never needed unless really top of the line and you're overclocking, it's near always better to go air cooled (argument can be made due to noise, but rather just get e.g. Thermalright Peerless assassin, 37 EUR / cheaper than that liquid cooler, though unsure stock South Africa).

The quick filtering and stuff to swap out parts is great though.
I have the Core i5 12400F, as used in the R15 000. While they did include a CPU fan with it, I read and went along with the opinions that I would probably be fine with the stock cooler. Rebeltech has Noctua coolers and accessories. Pricey, though!

Nicholas

The last time I talked myself into buying a CPU cooler, I had some difficulty with the clips that attach the fans to the heatsink. :p

scudsucker

I would hope to find a hot young lady with a desire to build me a PC while in lingerie....

But it is probably going to be a 30 something incel male.

To be fair, either could do the job, but only one would get much attention. Oh, Only Fans... you have failed me.

Nicholas

I would hope to find a hot young lady with a desire to build me a PC while in lingerie....

To be fair, either could do the job, but only one would get much attention. Oh, Only Fans... you have failed me.
Someone who earns dollars, has an extensive knowledge of computer hardware and could easily part with $2000.
But...I think that 2Tb nvme drives, 4Tb+ hard drives, super-powered GPUs, extravagant mice and keyboards or even a 120Hz monitor would be a waste. I have a 120Gb SSD, 1Tb hard drive, 16Gb DDR4 3200MHz RAM, a GeForce GTX 1060 6Gb, and a Core i5 12400F, and feels like enough for me. I have pretty much stopped buying games. i have enough to last me the rest of my life, I think. Why chase more rather than use what I have?

...maybe a pretty, pretty new case and external DVD drive, stereo speakers for my PS4, and I'll donate my case to someone at work. :cool:

Because of this, I have been building up an unprecedented [for me] amount of money. [R60k+] and investing some of it. My brother has asked me why I am hoarding all of this money rather than spending it on toys, for example. If i live long enough, I might need it. Job remains precarious. I may need money for medical expenses, so I would rather not give it away. No ungrounded fantastic aspirations, just getting by from day to do, making the most of what I have, and trying to keep my room tidy. 🤪

No coffee this morning. The taste of it has lost appeal. Precipitously. Maybe weak, milky, sweet tea, but definitely swigs of water.

" Meet Myra, the quintessential villainess with a twist – she's so perfect it's practically criminal. With hair as dark as her intentions and a smile that could disarm even the most stoic hero, Myra is the Mary-Sue of malevolence. She's the type of character who can hack into the mainframe, bake a flawless soufflé, and still have time to plot world domination before breakfast. Her backstory? Tragic, of course, but with just enough mystery to keep you guessing. She's got skills that would make a ninja seem clumsy and a PhD-level intellect that's used exclusively for nefarious purposes. Her charm is so potent, it's considered a weapon of mass distraction. And let's not forget her fashion sense – always dressed to kill, quite literally. Myra's plans are so complex, they come with their own instruction manual, which, naturally, only she understands. She's never lost a battle, except against her own perfectly crafted, flawlessly executed schemes. Her minions? Loyal to a fault, because she's just that charismatic. And her evil laugh? It's like music to the ears of chaos enthusiasts everywhere. In a world of heroes and villains, Myra stands alone – not because she's an outcast, but because she's just that superior. So, when you turn the page to Myra's latest caper, prepare for a tale of intrigue, perfection, and a touch of satire, because in the end, even the most villainous Mary-Sue can't take herself too seriously. "

[Microsoft Bing generator]

Last edited:

Nicholas

With OnlyFans, it looks to me that you get out what you put in. Might as well play with Replika or something.

Nicholas

The public sector part of our company has had precious little work over the past four years, so the bosses are looking at winding down that part of the business within the next few months. They will redeploy affected staff members rather than retrench where possible.