The Chat Room

DA-LION-619

If there is something on YouTube I want to watch, I use 4K video downloader so that I don't have to see all of those inane mobile game advertisements.
Those are fine compared to deep fake brother Elon giving away money.
Unlike Twitter spam these are targeted ads.

Baxteen

I use Vanced (or Revanced) on my phone and my Xiomi TV box to watch YouTube add and sponsor free.
on my personal laptop I use Brave browswer to block pop up video adds and teh Vanced experience add on to allow the browser to auto skip annoying sponsor content in the video

scudsucker

advising someone to eat Surströmming
I'd give it a try. Probably only one try, though.

My ex-wife has eaten it, she was not very complimentary about it. But hey, I am up for culinary challenges.

I have, for example, eaten lamb brain curry. Durian (famously smelly fruit). Rock hyrax (aka Dassie). Raw quail eggs.

And even some vegan dishes.

Last edited:

Nicholas

I use Vanced (or Revanced) on my phone and my Xiomi TV box to watch YouTube add and sponsor free.
on my personal laptop I use Brave browswer to block pop up video adds and teh Vanced experience add on to allow the browser to auto skip annoying sponsor content in the video
YouTube on my smartphone allows me to download content. It doesn't matter to me that it is at a very low resolution, because I am listening rather than watching. The last time I used Brave was when Windows 10 was running my PC. YouTube wasn't happy about the adblocking. Have been using PopOS [I believed that I would be forced to buy a new Windows license, now I am still using the former 'cos I can] since I replaced my CPU, etc.

Nicholas

This morning, I asked Bing to give me an equation describing a sphere following a circular path through 5 dimensions. Not only did it do so, but it showed me how it was derived. Not that I understand much beyond seeing dimensions as co-ordinates even if we humans have trouble imagining objects with more than three dimensions [height, width , and depth - x, y, z] I see something beautiful in some graphs of parametric equations even if it is maths.

1708441101554.png
Parametric surface picture

:p

EADC

I'd give it a try. Probably only one try, though.

My ex-wife has eaten it, she was not very complimentary about it. But hey, I am up for culinary challenges.

I have, for example, eaten lamb brain curry. Durian (famously smelly fruit). Rock hyrax (aka Dassie). Raw quail eggs.

And even some vegan dishes.

I know you Cape Town folk are hard up, but that is a bit savage.

Sonikku

Why are most 32 inch television sets hd-ready rather than full hd?
Cost-cutting and maximizing profits..
Same reason why anything 4K is 6x the price of Full HD stuff, despite the fact that 4K is already well established and countries like Japan are busy with 8K
Can get FULL HD camcorder for cheap. Same size machine recording at 4K is like 6x the price. Also when Full HD camcorders came out they weren't that expensive either since I've owned a few. But ja, going 4K is just not possible without selling a kidney.