The Chat Room

BloodrayneZA

I don't know if I told you guys that I had a new PC built by me after having tons of issues with my 13-year-old Sandybridge. I went and got an AMD Ryzen 5600G, Asus PRIME B550M-A (Wi-Fi) and 2 x 8GB DDR4-3600.

I got that around 2 years ago and it's going well. The only thing obviously I would need to replace is all my hard drives and buy a flash drive so that I can get rid of my DVD drive (I never use it anymore). Then save up for an add-on graphics card and change the CPU to a non-graphics one. I had compatibility issues with my old card, not because of the hardware but because the fukking AMD website no longer supported the card and gave me the drivers which was incompatible. So I was unable to use it for a bit longer.

Johnatan56

I don't know if I told you guys that I had a new PC built by me after having tons of issues with my 13-year-old Sandybridge. I went and got an AMD Ryzen 5600G, Asus PRIME B550M-A (Wi-Fi) and 2 x 8GB DDR4-3600.

I got that around 2 years ago and it's going well. The only thing obviously I would need to replace is all my hard drives and buy a flash drive so that I can get rid of my DVD drive (I never use it anymore). Then save up for an add-on graphics card and change the CPU to a non-graphics one. I had compatibility issues with my old card, not because of the hardware but because the fukking AMD website no longer supported the card and gave me the drivers which was incompatible. So I was unable to use it for a bit longer.
Why swap it away from a 5600G? The CPU is fine.
And define old GPU, they still do security updates back to the the 200 series, just not game ready drivers, so 2013 or so (10 years). Has more to do with no point as performance isn't up to par for modern, can't play most AAA games anyways.

BloodrayneZA

Why swap it away from a 5600G? The CPU is fine.
And define old GPU, they still do security updates back to the the 200 series, just not game ready drivers, so 2013 or so (10 years). Has more to do with no point as performance isn't up to par for modern, can't play most AAA games anyways.
Yeah but I couldn't find a driver for the card to work. It was just not compatible with the new system. The card was more than 7 years old.

It's an MSI R5770 Hawk edition card - after fighting the system for a week trying to get it to use the downloaded original driver, it kept on overwriting it with a generic driver instead. It was pissing me off.

BTW, I don't have time to play games now. The only game I'm playing is Evony online and pretty much has all of my free time so I am happy with it.

EADC

Cape Town was a wild ride , people still cant drive, all they do is play golf (upset I couldn't get a tee time).

Got wrecked Friday, Grand West absolutely annihilated me and it was shit, Cape Town people are weird.

Got fucked again Saturday, Spent far too much time in Maverick's worth it had a blast and fell in love with stripper ( not a great Idea)

Baxteen

I am seeing my brother for the first time in a year on Friday. he is coming up from Stran for a wedding.
we are picking him up at ORT at 9. then going straight to our friends that we spend every weekend with. because they also miss him. he used to visit often when he lived here.
He said he is excited but needs to sleep.
poor dude doesnt know I started drinking again. he is in for a rough weekend.

DA-LION-619

I am seeing my brother for the first time in a year on Friday. he is coming up from Stran for a wedding.
we are picking him up at ORT at 9. then going straight to our friends that we spend every weekend with. because they also miss him. he used to visit often when he lived here.
He said he is excited but needs to sleep.
poor dude doesnt know I started drinking again. he is in for a rough weekend.
Damn. Arriving that early means waking up much earlier.
I try not to do morning flights because no alcohol in the lounge.

Baxteen

Damn. Arriving that early means waking up much earlier.
I try not to do morning flights because no alcohol in the lounge.
he is landing 9pm Friday
and flying out 7pm Sunday
I am putting in my leave for monday now. I plan on not sleeping all weekend

scudsucker

The last time I was in the UK I watched The Violent Femmes, took E, smoked joints, bullshitted my way into a gay bar where some guy sold my friend coke, lost my friend, walked home (about 10km) grabbed my bag and hit Heathrow for my flight home at 04:00.

There is nothing quite like a massive hangover on an aeroplane. Thank god for British Airways staff, they did me quite a few favours in terms of illicit "hair of the dog" well before breakfast was served.

I hope your brother also took Monday off.

Baxteen

The last time I was in the UK I watched The Violent Femmes, took E, smoked joints, bullshitted my way into a gay bar where some guy sold my friend coke, lost my friend, walked home (about 10km) grabbed my bag and hit Heathrow for my flight home at 04:00.

There is nothing quite like a massive hangover on an aeroplane. Thank god for British Airways staff, they did me quite a few favours in terms of illicit "hair of the dog" well before breakfast was served.

I hope your brother also took Monday off.
he did not but he works from home.
we will skip the concert and the gay bar and losing a friend and walking home. but I think everything else sound like a plan.

my issue is just the prices.
saw a price list the other day.
coke is about the same price it was back in 2007 when I last really bought often. wiht a good plug its about R500 a gram. but most price lists have it for about R850.
E is silly. back in 2007 when I last took that it was R20 for a pil now its freaking R250 per pil. like WTAF?
how does coke, the superior drug effectively come down in price while E goes up by so much?
and I say coke came down because Quality wise we paid R250, R500 and R1250
the bogs we can get now is somewhere between the old R500 and R1250 and costs R500.

scudsucker

For fine snorting, R1200/g. I don't do it, much, not my drug of choice.

For fine pills, R250 to 300. But they are so strong only taking half is recommended.

I do have a really high end supplier, though.

Baxteen

For fine snorting, R1200/g. I don't do it, much, not my drug of choice.

For fine pills, R250 to 300. But they are so strong only taking half is recommended.

I do have a really high end supplier, though.
at that price I also would not do much.
but the price for pils is just insane. I do want to get some for over december though. but I think it would be best if we do it on a day we can at least go swim as well. so it would need to be a day the GF is also on leave

scudsucker

Ja, one of the nice things about being in Cape Town is the proximity of so many beautiful places to swim over summer. I know many that are pretty much guaranteed to have no one else there, in a mountain stream surrounded by glorious rocks, and deep, dark pools.

Though, I did once spend around 3 hours of an acid trip snorkling in a normal domestic swimming pool, so perhaps take my advice with a little pinch of salt. The sunlight falling on the ripples and hitting the bottom was quite something.

Baxteen

Ja, one of the nice things about being in Cape Town is the proximity of so many beautiful places to swim over summer. I know many that are pretty much guaranteed to have no one else there, in a mountain stream surrounded by glorious rocks, and deep, dark pools.

Though, I did once spend around 3 hours of an acid trip snorkling in a normal domestic swimming pool, so perhaps take my advice with a little pinch of salt. The sunlight falling on the ripples and hitting the bottom was quite something.
that kinda sounds fun.
but I avoid that side of the world.also never taking acid again.
my first experience was candy flipping in the east rand mall, middle of december. ordered a KFC avalance and sat outside to eat it. then the acid hit. all those colours with the stuffy heat and being surrounded by people means I never want to feel that again.
granted its not the person who gave it to me's fault. he thought I had much more experience because I lied about having done it.

EADC

Looking a bit tatty these days especially around the castle

Baxteen

I have not been brave enough to swim in the moat, drugs or no drugs.

That would be possibly the worst possible environment! I do nature when I do acid, though I have taken fairly large doses at Afrika Burn.
yeah dont ever do what I did it was stupid and should never be done.

biometrics

I have not been brave enough to swim in the moat, drugs or no drugs.
Think he’s referring to all the homeless people building shacks everywhere incl at the Castle I believe.

From Google Streetview so likely worse by now.

E.g. Main Rd, Observatory:

1700574429880.png

Castle:

1700574600402.png