The Chat Room

Sonikku

Ooof, gone through that, ended never getting a bonus or raise even a pay adjustment in 3 years.
Yeah, been through that too. The problem now is they put it in writing in July, we were supposed to get it this month. Nothing.
When we query it with HR, they ignore our emails.

Seldom Bucket

Yeah, been through that too. The problem now is they put it in writing in July, we were supposed to get it this month. Nothing.
When we query it with HR, they ignore our emails.
Yeah, I really get where you are coming from.
I remember my discussion with HR, it did not say that we are entitled to a bonus, yes that I understand, but what really got me and started creating financial shit storm was the no salary increase not even an adjustment.

Sonikku

Yeah, I really get where you are coming from.
I remember my discussion with HR, it did not say that we are entitled to a bonus, yes that I understand, but what really got me and started creating financial shit storm was the no salary increase not even an adjustment.
Indeed, so I am looking for a new gig. It's fucking harder than hard out there right now

Seldom Bucket

Apologies.... Sorry, reading that it sounds very self-centred, ADHD/ASD, how I empathize with what you are going through by sharing a similar story

Sonikku

Apologies.... Sorry, reading that it sounds very self-centred, ADHD/ASD, how I empathize with what you are going through by sharing a similar story
I was diagnosed in August 2015, it's not a secret.
However I have received zero support from the company in the years I worked there. Their answer to people with ASD is to give them the hardest tasks imaginable.

Seldom Bucket

I was diagnosed in August 2015, it's not a secret.
However I have received zero support from the company in the years I worked there. Their answer to people with ASD is to give them the hardest tasks imaginable.
Holy Crap, really! My company paid for the first month of doctors and meds. In hindsight that same previous company could not give a shit, had many burnouts and anxiety attacks, asked to go home when I felt one coming on, or take a day or two off, always NO!
Also been very open about my "excursions" here on this forum.

Sonikku

Holy Crap, really! My company paid for the first month of doctors and meds. In hindsight that same previous company could not give a shit, had many burnouts and anxiety attacks, asked to go home when I felt one coming on, or take a day or two off, always NO!
Also been very open about my "excursions" here on this forum.
OK time to get real folks.
I had a burnout- a bad one in 2022. Basically I shut down completely. They put me on a very difficult project which I did deliver but it came at a heavy price for me. I found out later when I was interviewing for a similar position in New Zealand that the work I did, is normally expected from a team of FIVE FUCKING PEOPLE, NOT ONE. They were very interested in why I was being abused the way I was, I had to lie and say "Oh I didn't really do the project on my own, I had my team to help me"
The burnout saw me shut the computer, block them all on my phone and go AWOL. When they figured out I was not answering calls or attending Teams meetings, then they phoned my wife at work and that caused a lot of panic at home, and put my wife's back up against the wall.

I took a day or so then I had to go back to my manager and tell him I am sorry etc.. etc...
But still, no support. The company doesn't even offer medical aid.

Seldom Bucket

OK time to get real folks.
I had a burnout- a bad one in 2022. Basically I shut down completely. They put me on a very difficult project which I did deliver but it came at a heavy price for me. I found out later when I was interviewing for a similar position in New Zealand that the work I did, is normally expected from a team of FIVE FUCKING PEOPLE, NOT ONE. They were very interested in why I was being abused the way I was, I had to lie and say "Oh I didn't really do the project on my own, I had my team to help me"
The burnout saw me shut the computer, block them all on my phone and go AWOL. When they figured out I was not answering calls or attending Teams meetings, then they phoned my wife at work and that caused a lot of panic at home, and put my wife's back up against the wall.

I took a day or so then I had to go back to my manager and tell him I am sorry etc.. etc...
But still, no support. The company doesn't even offer medical aid.
WOW, that is.. That's horrific. When I went AWOL, one of the directors came and picked me up to go to work, but that, holy shit.
I got very lucky where I am now, about 85% of the people in our office are neurodivergent, our Directors are very supportive and understanding, I mean they have to be with such a large percentage.
And strangely, all new hires are neurodivergent

Sonikku

WOW, that is.. That's horrific. When I went AWOL, one of the directors came and picked me up to go to work, but that, holy shit.
I got very lucky where I am now, about 85% of the people in our office are neurodivergent, our Directors are very supportive and understanding, I mean they have to be with such a large percentage.
And strangely, all new hires are neurodivergent
You are so fortunate. I wish I had a company like that.
My first burnout was in 1999, it's documented in here:

Düber

heyzine.com

Online Flipbook

Created with the Heyzine flipbook maker heyzine.com
This is really cool and well written. The NAS project covers and explains all the things that I had a serious learning curve on and battled with for days.

Baxteen

100% this. I think i am going to make this my signature. you put into words something I have been doing for ages and had no idea. thank you