The Chat Room

S

Sonikku

Damn it was hard, but I have an interview this week. Hopefully it all works out. Job market is tougher than a badger's arse

Nicholas

Bing Compose has generated some dark material that someone managed to pass through the filter, even though the tone of the writing was set to " funny".

Baxteen

what a wonderful weekend.
sexual tension between the 4 friends that hang out the most is getting a bit hectic.
it has started to boil. but has not boiled over yet. two of us are keeping our heads and making sure everyone is comfortable and there is no risk to the friendships if anything does happen
if it does not boil over this weekend it will be because of mother nature stopping us. if that does happen then the weekend after is going to be insane. past 2 weekends have been filled with a lot of casual touches random kisses and make out sessions between everyone.

and I freaking love it

Nicholas

sexual tension between the 4 friends that hang out the most is getting a bit hectic.
it has started to boil. but has not boiled over yet. two of us are keeping our heads and making sure everyone is comfortable and there is no risk to the friendships if anything does happen
if it does not boil over this weekend it will be because of mother nature stopping us. if that does happen then the weekend after is going to be insane. past 2 weekends have been filled with a lot of casual touches random kisses and make out sessions between everyone.

and I freaking love it
So...sexual tension is when you have two or more people who fancy each other, but refrain from doing anything about it because it would be inappropriate. When something like alcohol lowers inhibitions, though, people may do things they might regret.

Does sexual tension require both people to be attracted to each other or can it come from only one of the people, such as with a crush? [i have had some. Emotionally overwhelming]

biometrics

and I freaking love it
If you can manage polyamory (learnt that word just now) then all the power to you. I certainly would not be able to.

Baxteen

If you can manage polyamory (learnt that word just now) then all the power to you. I certainly would not be able to.
Wife and I have been poly for more than 10 years now. we can manage it.
the other couple is not poly. so unless they sit down with each other and have that chat and then approach us to play in some way this will remain just tension.

Baxteen

So...sexual tension is when you have two or more people who fancy each other, but refrain from doing anything about it because it would be inappropriate. When something like alcohol lowers inhibitions, though, people may do things they might regret.

Does sexual tension require both people to be attracted to each other or can it come from only one of the people, such as with a crush? [i have had some. Emotionally overwhelming]
in this case the tension is very high.
of the 4 of us that hang out every weekend and sleep over at one of the two houses most fridays and saturdays.
the two girls are both Bi and constantly flirt with each other.
the two guys jokingly flirt. but he is Bi and I am not. I am the only straight in the village. but its funny to see my wife blush when he and I flirt because she finds the idea very sexy. but nothing will happen. I flirt wiht his wife all the time and he flirts wiht my wife. but I flirt wiht my wife and he flirts wiht his wife. there are plenty of sexual jokes random touches between people who are flirty but it always stays above board.
when I sit down and ask myself if I would be ok with him and my wife fooling around I can honestly say that I would not mind.
if I ask myself if I would be ok to fool around with his wife I can also say that I would not mind.
obviously I cant answer how his wife would feel about either of those situations. or how he would feel about it.
but I can also with 100% certainty say she is 100% ok with either of those situations. we have had the conversation about it. but my wife and I both agree they need to clearly express that they have discussed it and that they are ok wiht it. because we wont risk that kind of friendhsip.

if you bring my GF into the conversation then sadly things kind of slow down with less tenstion.
there is still a lot of flirting even with my GF. but my GF is also 100% straight and I don't think anything will happen between Him and my GF, there is not enough sexual tension there.

Yes sexual tension requires it from both sides, otherwise its just a crush.

Nicholas

Up until last weekend, the road I live in was pocked with potholes. Now the entire thing is being resurfaced. Must be a VIP or two living nearby. :p 🩱

Baxteen

it could just have been fixed because it was reported to someone who cares about doing their job?

Tribs

Sexual tension can be in your mind too. They can unwittingly - or knowingly - intensify it without intending to do anything about it.

Tribs

I took it for granted that sexual tension existed in our brains.
It does but can also involve other parts of your body too. For many of us, just the thoughts can bring about intense pleasure. And honestly - relationships in your head, while lacking in physical aspects, are definitely a lot less complicated than those you encounter in real life.

S

Sonikku

It does but can also involve other parts of your body too. For many of us, just the thoughts can bring about intense pleasure. And honestly - relationships in your head, while lacking in physical aspects, are definitely a lot less complicated than those you encounter in real life.
well that is true. And it is also true that relationships outside of your head are a lot more complicated.