The Chat Room

Nicholas

Good morning, everyone. I hope y'all have whatever passes as a good day to your mind.

I was greeted by a passer-by as I entered our offices this morning. I haven't a clue who they are but thought it wouldn't do any harm to return the greeting.

Baxteen

I nearly had 2 accidents on my way to work.
one idiot opening his door to get out of the car while he was in the right hand lane. I was in the left lane and nearly got hit by the door.
then an idiot going for a gap to turn left across oncoming traffic at a robot. it was me and another car still to my right that both had to slam on brakes to miss that idiot. was much closer for me than it was for him. and it was not an opportunity to gear down and speed up at all it was a slam on brakes and hope I don't fall and slide. lucky I did not

S

Sonikku

Tomorrow is the interview for the new job, looking forward to that. No red flags I can find, which is promising.

Also got closure at the current place I am working at. We were lied to, and persistence paid off to get to the truth of the matter.
I am just doing minimal effort now, as I've decided that even though I have a probably valid case with the CCMA, its' just not worth the risk and reputational fallout. So I am enjoying my day, working as slow AF, and the meds prescribed this week to calm me down.
Soon, it will likely be over.

S

Sonikku

I've had to drive to Hermanus twice last week and the crazy shit people do on the roads are incredible. No care for their or other people's lives.
Yip, can relate. Just in Unstable View and surrounding areas alone, the stuff I see makes my mouth hang open.

biometrics

Yip, can relate. Just in Unstable View and surrounding areas alone, the stuff I see makes my mouth hang open.
We stopped at the Houwhoek Farm Stall on the way back from Hermanus. As you leave towards Cape Town it climbs a hill, then a long bend down to the left, you can't overtake until you clear the bend which is halfway down.

1698833640027.png

1698833778912.png

There was a long truck in front of me. As we get closer to the bottom and I can see ahead I pass the truck. Now I'm at the bottom of the hill in front of the truck.

1698833863440.png

Next moment, just after I passed and started the rise to the next hill, which is short and a blind rise, a double cab bakkie with a long trailer passes me slowly. If a car came over the rise at this time we would both be fucked, so I had to hard brake so that the bakkie and the trailer would pass me and merge back into my lane. Thank goodness the truck behind me was alert or it could have been a huge accident.

This idiot then drives at our speed all the way to Somerset West. There was zero point in doing such a dangerous maneuver.

S

Sonikku

We stopped at the Houwhoek Farm Stall on the way back from Hermanus. As you leave towards Cape Town it climbs a hill, then a long bend down to the left, you can't overtake until you clear the bend which is halfway down.

View attachment 38773

View attachment 38774

There was a long truck in front of me. As we get closer to the bottom and I can see ahead I pass the truck. Now I'm at the bottom of the hill in front of the truck.

View attachment 38776

Next moment, just after I passed and started the rise to the next hill, which is short and a blind rise, a double cab bakkie with a long trailer passes me slowly. If a car came over the rise at this time we would both be fucked, so I had to hard brake so that the bakkie and the trailer would pass me and merge back into my lane. Thank goodness the truck behind me was alert or it could have been a huge accident.

This idiot then drives at our speed all the way to Somerset West. There was zero point in doing such a dangerous maneuver.
I know that road... that was incredibly dangerous.
I don't know what to say, but I can assure you, the idiot factor on the roads in the Western Cape is increasing sharply, its all those COVID-19 vax, that's fucked people in the head

biometrics

I know that road... that was incredibly dangerous.
I don't know what to say, but I can assure you, the idiot factor on the roads in the Western Cape is increasing sharply, its all those COVID-19 vax, that's fucked people in the head
If I didn’t get the vaccine I’d be dead.

S

Sonikku

If I didn’t get the vaccine I’d be dead.
Yeah I was being funny- apologies. In the absence of any explainable reason why the IQ in Cape Town is dropping, especially here.

I would also have been dead if I hadn't been vaxxed. I got hit April 27th 2022, I only got over it by July 2022. I have permanent reminders of it.

biometrics

Yeah I was being funny- apologies. In the absence of any explainable reason why the IQ in Cape Town is dropping, especially here.

I would also have been dead if I hadn't been vaxxed. I got hit April 27th 2022, I only got over it by July 2022. I have permanent reminders of it.
Yeah, got it Jan 2022 and took a month+ to recover, even with both shots. Being obese, asthmatic etc I was worried. Wasn’t too bad but after the first week of being sick it lingered for ages with these dips several times a day.

After that I even got the 3rd and 4th shot! And this year the flu shot, will be getting that annually from now on.

Last edited:

biometrics

There is a price and size list.
Those seem quite small, I’m talking MATURE, as in they use a crane to bring it into the property.

Used to be a place between Stellenbosch and Somerset West but seems to not be there anymore. My google skills are letting me down. What do you search for…

Have pinged my brother, this is the kind of stuff he will know.

Last edited: