The Chat Room

Nicholas

your date?
Yes. Beauty, as they say, is only skin deep. I feel safer than I ever have before when I am with her. We met at the library. She had an awful childhood. Her parents were murdered in a street brawl, so she ended up in an orcanage until she was 18, when she enrolled in the army.

Last edited:

Nicholas

We went to Gonubie Beach and watched the waves coming in afterwards. The wind coming in off the Indian Ocean was most welcome.

Sinbad

Winter has arrived

df4f354d5a53cbce4b60fbbcb9027cfd.jpg

scudsucker

I have asynchronous mosques near me, it it bugs me. The closer one sung the call to prayer at 04:08, and the one a little further away at 04:15.

According to my ex-ward councilor (who is very much a drunkard and bullshitter) the closer mosque is Sunni, and the further one is Shiite. Even if I take his word for it, there must be some calendar that all muzzeins follow, based on sunrise etc.

Why is the one behind the other?

(The closer one has a better voice, so I guess I am lucky there)

Sinbad

Winter is back:
View attachment 30977
Since New Years it was around 14C, then 12, then hovering around 8-10, tomorrow's 8C is actually an increase compared to the "feels like 3C" of today.
Yeah it's been unseasonably warm here too. We had 16 degrees on new years day.

Weather app says it's -4 now. Haven't looked at the weather station yet..

/edit -2.7 outside. First proper frost since I got here

b57d17cb0a2c677a15e404aff4d51db8.jpg

8c1cbb00b731fcf17846a7fb6c9d17b1.jpg

Last edited:

Nicholas

CoViD is making it difficult to see a doctor at Medicross. I need to get a new script for my cholesterol medication and a form for a cholesterol test, but they are fully booked for at least the next week. They suggested I try going in at 08H45 and speaking to the people at reception to see if I can wait around until a doctor can squeeze me in.

Tribs

My doctor leaves a script for me. I tell the receptionist that I need a repeat and the dosage. Then I collect it later in the day

biometrics

My doctor leaves a script for me. I tell the receptionist that I need a repeat and the dosage. Then I collect it later in the day
You are supposed to go see the GP to get a repeat after six months, by law I believe.

dabean

You are supposed to go see the GP to get a repeat after six months, by law I believe.

I have a zoom meeting with my psychologist coming up again soon. Any doctor has to at least talk to you to renew you prescription (max 6 months). agreed.

biometrics

I have a zoom meeting with my psychologist coming up again soon. Any doctor has to at least talk to you to renew you prescription (max 6 months). agreed.
Yeah, any form of consulation will be ok. But it seems there is a legal six months limit to scripts.