The Chat Room

Rudolph Hart

I’m thinking of buying a induction hot plate for the kitchen. Does anyone have any experience with them and know what to avoid?

Sinbad

You just need to make sure your pots and pans are induction compatible.

Rudolph Hart

You just need to make sure your pots and pans are induction compatible.
Well, I was pulling a pot out the dishwasher and saw some symbols on the bottom. Seems they are induction compatible.

What’s a good brand of induction plate? Is this any good?

Dave

I have a Toshiba which has never given any problems and still looks like new, I hear the Tefal ones are very good.

Johnatan56

I have a Toshiba which has never given any problems and still looks like new, I hear the Tefal ones are very good.
Heard of Tefal as well.

Generally no need to go induction unless you're considering solar but then generally gas should be your choice, or due to safety/age (friend swapped one for his gran since she's previously left stove on for days, huge safety concern), since cost savings aren't really worth it if swapping. If new system and you're living there over a decade, do get.

Dave

Heard of Tefal as well.

Generally no need to go induction unless you're considering solar but then generally gas should be your choice, or due to safety/age (friend swapped one for his gran since she's previously left stove on for days, huge safety concern), since cost savings aren't really worth it if swapping. If new system and you're living there over a decade, do get.

It's not a whole stove, just a single (portable) induction ring.

49BB46D7-A6EF-47A2-9FAE-490ACA8A6A31.jpeg

spiderz

Well, I was pulling a pot out the dishwasher and saw some symbols on the bottom. Seems they are induction compatible.

Snappy chef is good, you can control the power better than something like a russels & hobb one ...