The Chat Room

Seldom Bucket

I read each one and find it super interesting. Don't always click through as you select a good summary.

When you realise how insignificant we are the normal stresses of life tends to fade away. Relates to your other posts btw...
Not sure to which you refer, my good sir.

Those areas of study have always fascinated me from an age that I could understand there is more than the one planet we are standing on, then my mother made the mistake of buying me a astronomy book..... That ended in thousands spend over the years on santa bringing telescopes when he could do so. Things just got out of hand after that

biometrics

Not sure to which you refer, my good sir.

Those areas of study have always fascinated me from an age that I could understand there is more than the one planet we are standing on, then my mother made the mistake of buying me a astronomy book..... That ended in thousands spend over the years on santa bringing telescopes when he could do so. Things just got out of hand after that
Refering to the private forum.

Seldom Bucket

That is so so true. Humans are insignificant and nothing better than space and the oceans to show us this
Not to forget that almost every single atom in your body and the universe consists of mostly empty space, nothing. From the view of our sun we live 8min20 seconds in the past, from our view everything we see out there already happened. Or that time travel is possible both ways, but you can only visit one of them, with a alcubierre drive we can travel far enough away from the earth to build a cosmic telescope and witness the building of the permits, with going forward in time is where the trouble comes, you can't go back to where you where, ever

Tribs

Not to forget that almost every single atom in your body and the universe consists of mostly empty space, nothing. From the view of our sun we live 8min20 seconds in the past, from our view everything we see out there already happened. Or that time travel is possible both ways, but you can only visit one of them, with a alcubierre drive we can travel far enough away from the earth to build a cosmic telescope and witness the building of the permits, with going forward in time is where the trouble comes, you can't go back to where you where, ever
My son showed me a video of what is happening in your body = constantly. To keep you alive. I was blown away

Seldom Bucket

The human body, that of any animal is amazing, seeing that every element in your body the carbon, magnesium, calcium, iron, etc was created billions of years ago in an exploding super nova, that after that they were most probably rocks, trees and or sand and that one day those same elements in your body will end up as rocks again

biometrics

The human body, that of any animal is amazing, seeing that every element in your body the carbon, magnesium, calcium, iron, etc was created billions of years ago in an exploding super nova, that after that they were most probably rocks, trees and or sand and that one day those same elements in your body will end up as rocks again
Hence why we should all lighten up and not take the human condition so seriously.

Seldom Bucket

Hence why we should all lighten up and not take the human condition so seriously.
Talking of these things just reminded that we might be small, but everything out there is big, beautiful and amazing. Also, to paraphrase the great Terry Pratchett "there are billions of stars hundreds of billions of planets and as far as we know, the street lamp is one of the rarest things in the universe"

Nicholas

Then to be reduced to gas and dust when our star engulfs our planet...
And from the sloughed-off outer layers of a fading star, wherever it may go next, something new might arise.

The first time I found out what is expected to happen to our solar system, it got me down. Had no appreciation of the timescale when I read it,
and for we mayflies, that time span may as well be forever. I continued reading whatever astronomy books I could find at my library, though I
didn't progress to telescopes.

Last edited:

Nicholas

I found out via work email yesterday that our offices were evacuated and deep cleaned yesterday afternoon after someone in my department tested positive for CoViD-19.

Jings

I found out via work email yesterday that our offices were evacuated and deep cleaned yesterday afternoon after someone in my department tested positive for CoViD-19.
Good morning.

Good thing you weren't there to get caught up in the storm.